3. Norwegian Encore
The Encore is a beautiful ship! Very modern and clean design. I’ve sailed on the Breakaway in the past and have to say the Encore is definitely the superior ship. The entire crew was so friendly and entertaining. They were all so attentive and willing to go above and beyond to make the trip experience better. Throughout the entire trip we did not experience one rude staff member. There was some issues with the WiFi and after complaining to the manager at the Internet Cafe he refunded me and I was still able to use the WiFi for the rest of the trip. Our room steward was also AMAZING! Like clockwork this man cleaned our room in the morning and turned down the room at night. He was honestly the real MVP. I did read other reviews about not enough chairs or the pools and bars being crowded. However we did not experience this. We were told that the ship was full to capacity but it never felt that way. There was never a wait at any of the bars or restaurants. We were able to get into the pools and hot tubs without any issues. There was also decent amount of chairs still available on deck. We did make reservations for three specialty restaurants, Los Lobos Cagneys and Ocean Blue, and we missed every reservation because we got caught up doing something else. Each restaurant was able to still seat us quickly. The food overall is really good at the main dining restaurants and even better at the specialty restaurants. Everything at Cangneys was exceptional and you have to try the seafood gumbo at Ocean Blue. Hands down my favorite place on the ship was the Observation Deck. If you want to get away from the noise, but still have a view this is the perfect place to go. I spent a lot of my time up there on deck 15. My only real complaint is that I did not enjoy the buffet. However, I am not a buffet person and do not go to them when I am home. I probably ate there three times and found it hard to find something to eat. My advise is to stick to the main dining restaurants for all meals. Also the space used for the race track and laser tag really could have been used for something else like Spice H2O. Just a warning if you are a bigger person you won’t be allowed on the go karts or the water slide. I am 6’2 about 280lbs and was not able to go on either one. They will weigh you prior to being let on. Overall I really enjoyed my time on the Encore. Even though it is a larger ship it did not feel that way. It could have just been luck that we picked a good week to sail on her. Or the staff has worked out the kinks over the past few months the ship has been at sea. I will definitely continue to sail on NCL and currently planning my next trip on the Joy! Can’t wait!

Loved the Encore!

Wilmarc24’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Encore price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA
We stayed in a balcony cabin. The design was really nice and modern. I loved the fact that the shower door was glass and not a curtain. It was over very comfortable and clean. Perfect for two people. Our steward also always kept the room clean.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins