3. Norwegian Bliss
I am writing this aboard the Norwegian bliss 14 days out of New York to the Caribbean I had booked this is very last minute the day before Sailing and I booked an inside Guarantee but when I got to the ship terminal Around 12 o’clock they could not find any cabin for me so basically I sat in the terminal until 4 o’clock when they finally found me a cabin. Even though I paid for an inside cabin I accepted a lesser cabin of a studio that came available it’s laid out nicer than the inside cabins but it’s only for one person. I’ve probably been on 50 different cruises and the ship is new and beautiful. It will take me two weeks to see the entire ship. There’s no shortage of things to do or see and they’re certainly ready and able to take your money at every corner and nickel and dime you to death. This time of year it’s mostly older middle-class people from the United States Canada and elsewhere. Not too many kids which is a good thing. As I’m writing this on the evening of day 2, I have numerous complaints some are life-threatening. This morning when I got up I walked down the hall and by the time I got to the end I couldn’t breathe started coughing and my eyes were running in my nose was running so I came back to the cabin and lay down and it took me about two hours before I could breathe again-As it turns out they spray some sort of anti-flu spray disinfectant in the air and I breathed in a good amount of it. I would probably be dead if I had asthma or COPD so be warned this could happen to you. Hopefully they won’t do that again on the floor that I’m staying. Told them if they did I’d be off in the 1st port with my bags. I did not buy the drink package I’m not a big drinker and since I’m by myself I don’t want to eat into any specialty restaurant but they all look really really good I’ve just been eating at the buffet since I’m a vegetarian and there’s something for everyone but the Indian food is excellent. . It’s the evening of day three and I’m very tired of being nickeled and dime to death for every thing. It’s highly recommended to take the packages and drinks Internet and anything else that you can get in advance. Hopefully for free. The person in the cabin next to me has a noro virus -she’s been projectile vomiting and is quarantine to her cabin hopefully I won’t get sick. The casino slot machines don’t pay off very much and there are many bad blackjack players- I am done. Really done. At this point I really wish that I would’ve just gone to Mexico instead. You can’t get into the comedy shows you can’t get in the Beatles shows -The seating venue is too small. . people outside come out early and put a towel in there flip-flops on a chair you cant get near the pool. On a positive note food inside the dining room is excellent the waiters are great and they are very accommodating that much I do have to say. They should have maps of the local islands or places that you visit instead of just trying to sell you expensive excursions if you just want to spend the day at the beach unless you have time to do extensive research in advance you won’t know where to go in the taxi drivers will rip you off. You can get the maps when you get off the ship and go to the information desk at the ports by that time it’s a little late. Some islands I’m familiar with it and I know that they have local bus service but not all of them do. They should also be warnings about some of the islands are dangerous. Exercise common sense and caution when you’re out. Now I don’t smoke but there’s only two areas on the whole ship that you can smoke and that’s on deck 17 at the disco area outside or in the casino in the smoking area which is sick with aggressive cigarette smoke. Be prepared to be woken up at all times of the day and night by selfish passengers slamming their doors drawers and bathroom doors in such close quarters you would think that people would have the common sense and decency to close their doors gently but no. The staff and crew work particularly hard to try to make you happy with whatever they can- They work long hours and try to keep a positive attitude and a smile on their face eight months on two months off year around. So try to be kind to them they’re away from their families for long periods of time and I’m sure that Norwegian doesn’t pay them very much out of the gratuities that they take from us each day so maybe leave them a little extra- All the ports in the Caribbean to the south that we have been to so far are beautiful but quite expensive- Saint Martin on the french side is still disaster area from the hurricane a few years back most of the restaurants and shops are closed. Very sad see see that. Mostly on the French side. Saint Thomas is nice as usual I always go to Sapphire beach it’s gorgeous quiet beach and not a lot of people know about it and you could take the local bus there for two dollars. 25 minutes away. Hidden behind condos with a small restaurant and bar on the beach. Lots of trees to lay under. clear warm water. Saint Kitts was very enjoyable again just went to the beach on a local bus the people are so nice and kind and there’s hardly any crime there. I’m really surprised that they took us into Puerto Rico with all the earthquakes that of been happening there and again they’re still in recovery mode and also had another earthquake the day after we were there. The cruise ship terminals Have outdoor mall’s before you enter the ships- they are all overpriced shops with junk and jewelry basically overpriced-if they didn’t get you for enough money on the ship itself. These places are set up to look like the towns but that is not them it’s just another way of extorting money from you with overpriced restaurants and junky T-shirt shops. Please buy elsewhere and support the locals on the islands you visit!! Once again I hope you like to get up at 5 o’clock in the morning because that’s the time that people start slamming the doors so make sure you get to bed early. . I went to see the musical “six” so far that’s been the highlight of the entire cruise really fabulous high energy great music I’ll probably go see it again if I could. Does require reservations at the theater was 3/4 empty when I went. Several people on board are under quarantine possibly the flu or worse and now you can’t touch anything they took away everything including the salt and pepper shakers and they had to serve you any food that you wanted in the buffet you could not touch anything even get your own coffee they had to handle everything and is continued throughout the cruise- Today we were in St. Lucia and these cabdrivers are very aggressive trying to get your business to take you on a tour of the island or to the beach but if you want to go to the beach there’s actually one within walking distance it was Viggi beach. No water sports no other passengers-just peace Quiet beautiful water and a great little restaurant and bar. Went to St. Lucia before and it has some gorgeous beaches but they never leave you alone wanna comes to trying to sell you things on the beach and I just want to rest and swim. Its really great choice. Barbados is also gorgeous with beautiful incredible beaches very close to the port. .Barbados was by far the best beach and easiest to get to Carlisle Beach absolutely crystal clear water and beautiful. -If you want to eat food after 9:30 pm the only thing is the local at the 24 hour restaurant but all I wanted was a small piece of carrot cake to go and they refused to allow it what kind of a crazy place is this I don’t know but I will tell you that Ncl will nickel in dime you beyond death. . Will be my last cruise with Norwegian. I’ve experienced problem after problem on board and not one thing was done to make things right. Last day in Port we were in St. John Antigua it’s OK not too bad the sun was shining in the sea was blue although not clear at Jolly Beach it was six dollars each way and that included a chair with an umbrella not a bad deal. On a more serious note the ship left six passengers behind yesterday they were 30 minutes late getting back to the ship and they left without them they had no passports with them I would imagine that they were told to get in touch with the port agent in Barbados and they probably had to fly to the next port on a small seaplane who knows all I know that they’re dead serious leaving on time -do not be late under any circumstances getting back to the ship allow for traffic!. Change your clocks to ships time! Now three full days at sea-This is Terrible for me I should’ve gotten off the ship in Barbados and flown home. The woman in the next cabin is out of her mind slamming the doors slamming the doors all times of the day or night and just keeps getting more and more aggressive I’m not sure what to do except do it back to her and then I would disturb the passengers around me- security already spoken to her and there’s nothing that can be done and they have no cabins available. Also emergency Announcements of all sort come to through to the loudspeaker in your cabin, Some at 1 o’clock in the morning. Well this is the last day of our cruise and third sea day in a row. I guess that emergency announcement at 1 AM was a woman stabbed her husband to death last night. Pretty grim news she’s in the brig and he’s in the morgue. I’m sure the police will be waiting for her as we disembark in New York in the morning. On a lighter note I went to see Jersey boys last night do not miss it it’s one of the best shows you’ll ever see true Broadway production! That’s about it I’ve mostly stayed to myself and enjoyed what little peace and quiet that I could find in a little corner is here in there. It never got overly rough on board the ship has great stabilizers so unless you’re very sensitive you probably won’t get seasick.. On a final note don’t bother buying bottled water on board I think it’s about between three and five dollars and it’s not worth it there’s a desalinization plant on board and all the water comes from the ocean and you could fill up your bottle at any spigot and it’s purified ocean water and it’s perfectly fine if not better than bottled water. Be prepared to be ripped off-everywhere!! Whatever you paid for the cruise you will spend at least that much on board with that you know it or not. Download the app and be mindful of your daily consumption.

Lengthy review with interesting details-

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by scampy1

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

I’ve probably been on 50 different cruises and the ship is new and beautiful.

They should also be warnings about some of the islands are dangerous.

Exercise common sense and caution when you’re out.

Will be my last cruise with Norwegian.

Be prepared to be ripped off-everywhere!!

scampy1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1
Unlucky enough to have a horrible careless neighbor who slammed doors at 5 am daily - other then that this little studios are very cute like an ikea room but no coffee maker or fridge like the inside. Studio lounge is terrific
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins