3. Allure of the Seas
November of 2018, myself and my family of 12 (7 adults and 5 children, ages 12, 10, 10, 5 and 4) went on Allure of the seas for the first time. From day one we were amazed by the size of the ship and how much there were to do. We took in as much as we could, unfortunately we didn't get a chance to see everything. From the shows to dinning, we enjoyed every second of it. We took advantage of the kids club on the first night. The staff were great. My youngest, 5 years old, is very nervous about new people and very rarely will see leave me. But she didnt want to come with us when it was time to leave. She had a blast. Our 10 year old as well loved the kids club. they both say when we go again they want to go there again. Our cabin fit us perfect. We stayed in the boardwalk balcony room. It had loads of room for the 4 of us. We visited Nassau, Bahamas. While there we did a little shopping, then took the boat over to Atlantis. We walked around over there and took in all the sites. I would love to go back and stay there for a week. Lots to do. Next time we visit while cruising, we will do a little more exploring of the island. Next we visited Cozumel, Mexico. This was one of our least favourite places we visited. We didnt do any excursions, we decided to stay in port and check out the shops. I found everyone working there were very pushy for you to buy. When we shop we like to take our time and look. We are more prone to buy if we are not being hounded to buy. If we ever visit here again, i think we will plan a excursion. Next we visited Roatan, Honduras. This was one of our favourite ports. We would love to go back again. We decided to book our own excursion. We booked with 2K's Adventure Tours. We had Chelsea as our tour guide. He was absolutely amazing. Highly highly recommend him. https://www.2ksadventurestours.com/about.php We decided to to a city tour where we visited the straw market for some great local shopping. Then we headed over to see the monkeys and hold the sloths. Then we did zip lining. From there we proceed to the Chocolate factory where they explained how they made chocolate and we seen what they use to make it. Then went to the rum factory. Pricing was very reasonable. It was $200 USD for myself, my husband and our two children. We were back to the boat in loads of time before we left port. Our last stop was Costa Maya, Mexico. We decided to do a beach day. We booked with Maya Chan Beach Resort. http://costamayabeachresort.com/ We loved our time there. They picked us up at port and brought us to the resort. They included drinks and food. We had a lovely cabana that fit all 12 of us. We took in some kayaking, and lounging in the floating beach chairs. Prices were very reasonable. We would highly recommend visiting there. Next time we visit there we would like to stick around port and do some swimming with dolphins and shop. We have another cruised book with Allures sister ship, Oasis of the seas for January 24, 2021. We cannot wait to travel on these amazing ships again. Highly recommend Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.

Allure of the Seas, November 25, 2018