3. Norwegian Getaway
Chose this ship because of a casino promotion. Had never sailed on NCL before, but wanted to try them. We quickly learned that with the free at sea promotion, you have to plan your dinner reservations out months. As a result, it became very difficult to even use our specialty dining package. The first few days one of the biggest impressions the ship left on us was that the bathrooms were small, oddly layed out, smelled bad, and we're dirty. On the 3rd to last day fears of virus led to the ship receiving a more thorough cleaning, bringing the cleanliness on par with past ships we've been on. The virus precautions were not well communicated at all. For 12 hours the passengers were left wondering why the buffet was no longer self serve and all room keys were dipped in sanitizer before any announcement was made that it was directed by NCL HQ "out of an abundance of caution." That one and only mention still left everyone onboard wondering if we had sick passengers on the ship or if it was fleet wide due to Coronavirus. Overall the crew was nice, but did not go out of their way to do things like greet you when walking by and servers in complimentary restaurants seemed like they were always rushing you. Of course there were some shining stars who did epitomize customer service. The food was average to below average. My past 2 cruises have been with Celebrity, so I know I'm a bit spoiled, but I was surprised that Le Bistro wasn't even up to the standard of the main dining room on other ships I've been on, particularly when it came to service. The casino itself is probably one of the biggest and nicest of any cruise ship casino I've seen. They have a large, friendly, casino staff and do a good job advertising tournaments. Cabins are average size, but balconies are the smallest I have ever seen. NCL did not go out of their way to create additional storage space in cabins like Celebrity did with their S-Class ships. The entertainment was much like the dining. You either had to book way in advance or pay to see shows. Only a handful were shows that allowed people to come and go as they please.

Anything but "Freestyle"

Crockettma’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B4

Room is near elevators and splash kids club which wasn't bad most of the time but got loud during the day at times.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins