3. Norwegian Sun
Great experience just got off NCL Sun. Was very pleased with our overall cruise experience. Pros: Service in MDR was phenomenal. Ask for Vanessa, she was our server and an absolutely amazing one too. We requested her every meal after night 1 because her service was so great. Drinks came out fast and were good. Unpopular opinion, I prefer the ship with people being gifted the beverage package or purchasing it. I sailed the Sky in April and I preferred the experience I had on the Sun. Casino staff were great. Very pleased with the staff in the casino as well. Everyone friendly and inclusive. Very willing to teach people new games. Cons are going to be limited. Entertainment feels repetitive. The shows are VERY standard cruise fare. Are the performers talented? Of course. Is it a show or something similar to what you might have experienced elsewhere? Also yes. Food felt repetitive too. Buffet is small and can’t flow crowds super well and feels repetitive at times. Lunch buffet is better, I recommend dining at Moderno for lunch. Dinner in MDR was good but also not always “wowing”. Service was always great and we never went hungry. Very enjoyable ship, we were pleased with the cruise director, Richard Matic who was VERY present. It was a nice touch to see him often at the pier during port and like all cruise directors he was running around like a mad man the entire night. Expect to see him out and mingling with guest. You often don’t see that on large ships or even medium sized ships.

Overall Pleased

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Jakemeister

Cons are going to be limited.

Jakemeister’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Really nice room and well laid out. The balcony and couch definitely make the room feel larger. Great views of course and one floor down from Lido with no noise bleed.
  Norwegian Sun Deck Plans

• Dune Buggy
    Best excursion I've ever done. Awesome experience that was very well planned and lots of fun activities. You'll drive out of downtown Cozumel and to a cultural site and then drive along the water, through "jungle" dust and mud. After that you take a break at a Beach Club and have chips, salsa and non-alcoholic drinks included. About another 10 minutes down the road and you're at a different beach club with snorkeling, pool, good dining, and cheap drinks. Very enjoyable experience and Felipe and Goffredo were excellent guides.
    View All 97 Dune Buggy Reviews