3. Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages)
We had a large booking for an overnight stay on the Vasco Da Gama. The ship itself was okay for the rating and expectation (tiny cabins and small pools) but the behaviour of the staff was the worst I have ever come across! They were rude and we felt like an inconvenience to them every time ordered a drink or food. It often took up to 40 minutes to get a drink due to under-staffing as well. Maybe that’s why the staff are so grumpy. The only friendly staff we came across were Brian the singer (Who was amazing) and the cleaning staff! Have never been treated so poorly by hospitality staff anywhere in the world. A male employee even threw the door of our cabin open (while four women were all getting dressed) at 7.30 and told us to get out of our room so he could make it up. The staff were then opening doors of cabins and leaving them open without guests around so all their valuables including handbags etc were exposed. I’m assuming these overnight cruises are an opportunity to advertise the cruise ship in the hope that people will book longer voyages in the future. I only heard passengers complaining so doubt there will be any repeat bookings from the passengers on board. Very disappointing.

Absolutely horrendous