MSC Divina Cruise Review
1,756 Reviews

MSC -Divina , more than expected !!

MSC Divina Cruise Review by danzigdan

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I originally chose this cruise due to the good pricing and the way the ship looked online. I have been on Norwegian, Carnival and Royal Caribbean and wanted to try something different. I am glad I did !!

Although I saw some negative reviews online, after reading them I realized most did not apply to me or my wants so I thought I would take a chance and try it out.

The ship was amazing, it was hard to ask for or want anything more comparing the great pricing with the look of the ship.. it was more than I expected.

I am 95% happy with the entire cruise, however I will tell you in my opinion the only needs of improvement.

The food was good, not amazing.. but good (pizza great). The ship, cleanliness and staff were great. The customers were great as well, not many little kids and very nice adults that keep to themselves.. not like cruises going out of Galveston where it is a lot of kids and/or rude people. Lots of Europeans which is a nice change from the standard cruise lines.

A few more comments: Casino is nice.. my only complaint is that I am a big Video Poker player and they only had $1.00 machines which equates to $5.00 a hand. All they need to do on the GameKing machines is program them to play .25 or .50 cents along with the existing dollar options and it would be perfect. They also did not have a big blackjack selection, only a game called "dream 21" which was a different version of blackjack at $10.00 a hand is pretty steep.

The room cabins were very nice, TV was kind of small and it did not have FOX news, only CNN which is a problem for I guess half of America.. lol.

I purchased the upgrade drink package and I can say, this is the best cruise I have ever been on regarding rules of the drink package. They did not mind if I ordered double drinks (unlike other cruise lines) with water and anything else you want. This was a big perk of the cruise for me.

I did not enjoy the ports, but I cannot blame the cruise for something I knew about prior to booking. Freeport Bahamas is horrible with nothing really to do, they are still having economic problems from the storms. Ocean Cay is great if you just want to lay on a beach, but if you are like me and like walking around towns and interacting with locals.. it is not that kind of place.

These are all very minor issues, overall the cruise was amazing and I cannot wait to take another one.

danzigdan's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin was great. I was very happy to see a bathroom with a bathtub, really makes it look more like a real room. No complains on the room, I wish the TV was a tad bigger.. but that is a silly thing to worry about when your cruising.

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Great if you just like to lay on the beach or do water activities. If you like walking around new towns and interacting with locals, not the place to go.

Freeport

This was the worst port I have ever gone to on any cruise. The island is still messed up from storms. Barely any shops or resturants open, looked like a ghost town. 30 minute cab ride from town and when you arrived at the town or shopping area it was like a ghost town. Waste of time stopping there.

Miami

Not really a port, just where we got on the boat. Miami is Miami.

danzigdan