3. Carnival Breeze
This was a 14 day Journeys cruise. With mostly older passengers and a ton of Platinum & Diamond sailing it was not your typical cruise. Embarkation was a dream. Debarkation was a nightmare...because of so many platinum (which I am ) and Diamond guests all trying to get off the ship ASAP when we docked in Port Canaveral. Not a normal situation but one I feel Carnival staff could have been better prepared for. The Breeze is in decent shape. Yes, there were signs of worn carpeting. The counter area in our cabin (6215) had paint on it and the coffee table had magic markers colorful scribbles on it. Everything was clean though. Our cabin was very close to the front of the ship. The first 2 days had high waves and wind and we really felt it (and heard loud metal crashing sounds) in this location on the Breeze. We are used to being near the aft of the ship. Advantage to our cabin 6215...near the secret front deck of the ship. Was handy for taking pictures pulling into ports. Overall, the staff were all friendly. Guest Services especially patient when my social media package kept glitching and not letting me on facebook. The woman who helped me twice was a doll! We never ate in the MDR but the steakhouse was excellent as usual. We ate at Cucina de Capitano several times. Bonsai Sushi and Seafood shack were also very good food (and appropriately hot or cold which is one of our gripes about the MDR). Also the lines were never too long in the Lido except for one day the deli line was long. Also they started running out of things about the 8th day into the cruise. No bananas, grapefruit, Avocados for the Turkey avocado sandwich at the deli! Ports were awesome since it was a Journeys cruise. St Croix, St Kitts, San Juan, St Maarten, Barbados, Tortola, Grenada, Martinique. I have been to all those islands before. The only excursion we planned ahead, and on our own, was a private boat charter from Tortola to Jost Van Dyke & the Soggy Dollar Bar. We booked the Kuralu Too and had 15 passengers on the trip to Peter & Norman islands for snorkeling and then to Jost. Entertainment: we did not do shows or comedy club. We did enjoy Dive in Movies and Trivia. Since Breeze is the only ship with Thrill theater we had to try that out. Hubby calls it whiplash theater...those chairs really whip you around! Don't go if you have back or neck issues, heart issues, are pregnant, etc. They never warn you about how jolting it can be. For better or worse: was kind of sad that there is not the usual seating areas along the promenade deck where you can sit and people watch! The bonus to that (for me) is there is no gauntlet of photographers to have to walk past on the Promenade deck every night asking if you want to have your photo taken either. One thing that bothered us the most was that almost every public area on the ship was Freezing Cold! Ocean plaza especially when you are sitting there to listen to a band or play trivia. Had to wear sweatshirt or sweater! heard the MDR was like a meat locker too. Overall, we enjoyed our 14 days on the Breeze. Glad we got the sail on her.

Breezin' through a Journeys Cruise

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by ChosenOne

Overall, we enjoyed our 14 days on the Breeze. Glad we got the sail on her.
ChosenOne’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C
Kept clean, including the glass on the balcony railings. Some kids magic marker scribbles on our coffee table and some paint on our counter. Had to pull mini fridge out & crank down the tempurature and it was keeping our sodas nice & cold after we did that.
Carpeting I hope they will replace soon as it is showing wear. No USB ports on this ship yet either.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Jost Van Dyke
    Chose this boat because it has shaded areas, a toilet, a nice ladder off the back of the boat, less then 20 people can fit on this tour. Very close walk from the cruise ship dock to the boat. Great snorkeling (turtles, mantas, etc) & Jost Van Dyke.
    View All 103 Jost Van Dyke Reviews