3. Carnival Horizon
We went with this cruise because it's family friendly. We have a 3 and 5 year old and thought they would have fun at Camp Ocean. We also traveled with my parents who are in their 70's. Our rooms were right next to each other. So the ship is really clean. I'm not sure what all the complaints are about. I didn't see anything dripping, nothing looked worn out, but then again, I was busy having fun and enjoying my time not trying to pinpoint things to complain about. Dining options. So the buffet was okay, we didn't really eat there that much. We liked Guy's Burgers, really good! The taco place is also good and my kids loved the 24 hour pizza. We ate at the steak house which is additional. The presentation is amazing, but the steak wasn't cooked properly. My husband ordered medium rare and he got medium well. I ordered medium and it was more medium well also. Steaks should be on point. The appetizers, sides and dessert were good. We also tried the Japanese steak house. This was fun and the food was great. We also tried the bbq place, but didn't like it. The ribs didn't have that much meat on them and lacked flavor. Our kids ordered chicken tenders and fries and the dishes came with maybe 2 small tenders and 10 french fries. We also ordered room service a few times and the family really enjoyed the wings. There is a good variety of food for everyone and the days we were off the boat, we actually went out to eat at the islands which was nice. Camp Ocean, my 5 year old LOVED it. She would have stayed there the whole trip if she could. The camp counselors really seem to enjoy the kids and had a great attitude. One of the nights my kids were there, another girl had pinched my daughter and they told us about it and said they talked to the mom. No mark was left on my child, but we were told she did cry. It was nice that they told us about this. The kids would always come back with craft projects. My 3 year old who isn't in school just yet didn't like camp at first. He would try to run out. But after 5 minutes of crying at drop off, he would calm down and have fun. We would only leave them there about 2 - 2.5 hours a day, except for the day we went to Curacao since we got back to the ship late. On the last 2 days my 3 year old LOVED camp and didn't want to leave. The only excursion we did through the ship was the Monkey Sanctuary at LaRomana. Our family had fun there. You spend about about an hour with the monkeys. They jump around on you and you get to feed them and get photos with them. Visiting the country house though, that was okay. The kids were bored. It did take about 45 minutes to get to the destination and 45 minutes to get back. The island is pretty poor and you see it driving through town. We never felt threatened or anything. The cruise terminal was fine, didn't feel scared there either. I had read some reviews about it, but no one was pushy trying to sell us anything. Grand Turk the beach off the port was nice. We walked over to Margaritaville and ate there first. Then we went to the beach and spent 2 hours there. Then walked back to Margaritaville and hung out at the pool. We decided not to do a tour here. My parents tour that they booked from the cruise, a glass bottom boat tour was canceled due to strong winds, but they were able to book a tour once they got off the boat. It was a 1.5 hour tour. We also got to do some shopping and there is a Starbuck's at the port which was nice. Curacao is pretty, too bad you get there so late! We did a private tour which was from 230 - 8pm. We saw the blow holes at the National Park which were breathtaking. We saw the sea turtles and people snorkeling with them. We didn't though, water is murky and didn't really want to swim with fish guts. We also hit one of the beaches and spent about 2 hours there then drove to the East End to see the beautiful houses. You are a rush against the sun going down though. Sun goes down at 6/630. Wish we would have gotten to the port earlier. Downtown area with shops was really pretty and clean. We ate downtown. Aruba we also did a private tour and loved it. We saw the rock formations, the national park, the 600 steps, Eagle Beach, did some shopping and ate at The Old Fisherman. Had amazing grilled red snapper. We fit a lot in during our day. Private tours are the way to go! You get an air conditioned van all to yourselves. We saw some amazing comedy shows on the ship! So funny. We watched the 10pm shows. Also saw the Lip Sync battle which was good and the Love and Marriage show. The cruise director, Mike Pack was really fun. Service on the ship was nice, everyone was attentive. Our family had a fun time, memories were made. Can't complain. The water was a little choppy due to the heavy winds, but we didn't feel sick. I would totally do another cruise on the Horizon or check out their new ship next year!

Enjoyable and memorable cruise

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by aubrey08

aubrey08’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8G
We had a cabin with a balcony. We had the room set up so the bed was "king size" but I think it was more of a queen and then we had the sofa turned into a bed. The room was a good size for our family of 4. We had a 3 and 5 year old with us and there was enough room to hide our luggage under the bed and in the closet and to put all our clothes in the closets and drawers. Our room steward Made kept the room clean and he was really friendly. The balcony was great to have to hang out and to hang our stuff out to dry over the chairs.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins