3. Celebrity Summit
We do an annual cruise with a group of friends 8 total this year! We picked this cruise because of the length and going out of San Juan! We all had interior rooms as the cruise was booked starting last March! The refurbishing is Great, we loved our interior room and because this was so port intensive we really didn’t need the balcony! This was a good time and the bar tenders and bar servers were all wonderful! The ship is clean and looks great! Love the Oceanview cafe it never seemed crowded, and we always found a place to sit and eat! The food was good not GREAT! Truly seemed the were catering to passengers that liked Indian food and Chinese food! Not something I want to eat on a cruise, but thats me! They finally did serve Mexican food one day and it was well attended! We did eat dinner one night and I went to the make your own pasta station and asked for garlic and told they were out! I know not a big deal but it was like 6:30 at night no let me go get some! Not much difference in offerings from lunch to dinner! The MDR we were very disappointed with, first we did early sitting which we were told was 6:oopm, we did get a card in our room that stated it was 5:45 well we didn’t want to go at 5:45 so went at 6 were told most nights by our waiter we were late! We just joked with him we were on island time! Food was lacking in flavor not always hot and didn’t care for the choices! I also didn’t think our service was all that great! Never told of the recommendations, he didn’t act like he had time for us! Heavens forbid you ask a question, then when we did complain about the food it was not his fault please don’t rate me less then a 9! The head waiter the chef they all came out and there excuse was they cook for a lot of different people! It was never anyone’s fault! Well they wanted to make a special meal so we said a thick cut of prime rib with bake potatoes! Well they managed to screw that up and again our waiter said not my fault! It was just frustrating! We have been on several Celebrity cruises and this was the worse in food! The ship was fun, they could have had a few more things going on even when we are in port!

Annual Cruise