3. Adventure of the Seas
Embarking was so easy. Out of the taxi and on the ship within 20 mins. Same for disembarking although we took our own bags off as had an early flight. We chose this cruise to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. Traveling with 2 children aged 10 & 8. This was our first cruise so a medium sized ship seemed more suited. Our balcony stateroom was ok, a bit tight for 4 people. We had a few issues re smells & stains these were fixed promptly by our room attendant who was amazing throughout. At first I thought the cruise was just full of people getting drunk and eating however after the first day at sea I settled into it. Didn’t find cruising particular relaxing as tried to fit everything in and with 2 active children not much time to rest. Plenty of activities to the point that so much we wanted to do we couldn’t fit it all in. Water slides were fast and fun same as climbing wall and golf course never had to queue. Flow rider always seemed to have queues of over half hour. Sports court we used many times as always some type of games on mainly basketball which my son loved. Shows were great and good variety to suit most. Ice show was amazing definitely worth watching. We ate mainly in the windjammer which had a fantastic selection, clean and no trouble finding a table. Also went to the main dining which we enjoyed. Guest services does get busy but always helpful. Used the cafe late evening for pizza and the guys in Starbucks knew our drinks after the first day. The only thing we were disappointed with was kids club. Mine would only go in the night as they found that the younger children aged 5 were mixed with them. Children aged 5 play very differently to children aged 10. Staff were very young and seemed inexperienced. My son said that the staff shouted a lot. We would go on another cruise with RC but on a larger ship.

First time cruisers and overall really good

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Astewart09

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Embarking was so easy. Out of the taxi and on the ship within 20 mins.

Same for disembarking although we took our own bags off as had an early flight.

This was our first cruise so a medium sized ship seemed more suited.

Flow rider always seemed to have queues of over half hour.

Guest services does get busy but always helpful.

We would go on another cruise with RC but on a larger ship.
Astewart09’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3B
Not too far from lifts. Clean bedding and attendant was great. Bathroom a good size never any issues with hot water. Always had clean towels.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins