Viking Lofn Cruise Review

Viking Lofn Cruise Review by Island Girl VI

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Amsterdam to Basel was our first river cruise with Viking and will not be our last. From start to finish Viking handled everything very efficiently. They made you feel as if it was an exclusive trip and you owned the boat. They catered to your every whim.

The small number of guests made it feel like one big family get together. The ship was very well appointed and spacious. You never felt as if you did not have enough space or it was too "peoplely". We enjoy socializing, but also like our quite time and there are plenty of areas on board where you could do either. Make sure to use the public restrooms, very few people used them, they were beautiful. All common area were extremely clean and well maintained.

Ports and excursions were excellent. The Viking tour guides were extremely informative and made each excursion very personable.

Dining was casual and comfortable. Dress was relaxed but neat, clean and pressed. No fancy clothing needed at all! DO NOT OVER PACK, Viking river cruises are very casual, no glitz. Make sure you have one good pair of walking shoes and a comfy pair to relax in on the boat. I had a pair of Keen for my 20,000 steps a day and a pair of yoga shoes for at night on the ship.

Breakfast and lunch were divine with plenty of choices. Dinner, I felt they could have stepped it up. I was not overwhelmed by any of the dinner choices. I am a foodie and was disappointed. The dinners were good, but nothing special.

Entertainment was more of cultural enrichment. It was good but could have been better. I feel there should be more music offerings.

I've traveled with Norwegian, Princess, Celebrity and Holland America, after the Viking trip, I seriously doubt I will use those lines again. I do not like long buffet lines, ships that feel like Las Vegas, children running a muck or over crowded pools.

Island Girl VI's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom

We had a veranda and for us it was well worth it. Even though we were not in the cabin much, the time we were was spent on the veranda. At every new port, we welcomed it in on the veranda, at night sailing with a bottle of wine and going through the locks we enjoyed it all. The cabin was spacious with plenty of storage. The bathroom, for a ship, was large, had heated floors and shower was amazing, very spacious with glass doors. I would definitely stay in a veranda again.

Next Review