3. Viking Orion
This was our third Viking ocean cruise - we chose Viking for the more intimate ship capacity, lack of casino & similar entertainment, excellent dining choices, well appointed & spacious cabins, attentive staff and excellent choice of included shore visits. We particularly enjoy eating in Chef’s Table,choosing to eat there at each menu change, and have not been disappointed. The premium wine pairings are well chosen and to our taste. We enjoy eating in Manfredi’s, preferring this venue to the main restaurant which, for us, is a little too large and has a less personal atmosphere. The World Cafe offers an excellent choice every evening & we look for their ‘specials’ evenings when you can sample, for instance, a range of fresh fish or an Italian theme with chef cooking fresh pasta to order. I was particularly impressed on the Orion since I have a small dietary requirement which had not been listed - a restaurant manager in the World Cafe pursued this on my behalf & by day 2 of the cruise, whilst in port,was able to supply what I required. Thank you to Ariel who exemplified what is so good about all the Viking staff. We always enjoy a pre dinner drink in the Explorer lounge, often with some live, quiet background music, and have been impressed with the ability of the staff to remember not just you but your preferred drink - and on this occasion even from a previous ship & voyage! We booked an extension to our cruise in Sydney & were satisfied with the transfer, ship to hotel, which involved a large number of people. We were given a succinct presentation at the hotel of services available & were able to leave our bags safely there while we explored this lovely city. Our room was available at the appointed time & our bags promptly followed. Breakfast provided for Viking guests in a separate dining area was very good and the staff attentive & helpful. Our airport transfer was well handled - our only disappointment that our wonderful holiday was ending.

Holiday of a Lifetime

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Shoptillyoudrop13

Shoptillyoudrop13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

Well appointed cabin with plenty of hanging space & drawers. Excellent bathroom with heated floor & choice of toiletries always kept topped up. Comfortable seating area & balcony. The cabin stewards are a delight and keep everything spotless. My only criticism of this cabin is the heavy door onto the balcony rather than sliding patio style - this restricts the view and, in my opinion, makes the cabin darker. When booking I enquired if they could identify which cabins had this configuration & met a negative & somewhat surprised response.