3. Viking Sky
I had never done an Atlantic crossing, and the itinerary looked great. And - it was on Viking, so I felt it would be the best experience. For the most part, it was really interesting and met/exceeded my expectations. Only a few drawbacks for me: 1. Really bad weather and rough seas the first 4 days, obviously NOT Viking's fault, but I did not enjoy that much time being very seasick. Thank goodness meclizine was available free of charge. 2. Due to the weather, we stopped in Maderia rather than the Azores, no big deal except for the timing. We stopped there after one day of sailing, rather than 2 to the Azores. Then we sailed all the way to Miami with no other stop. That was a VERY long stretch at sea, and despite interesting speakers & presentations, it got boring. We seemed to have had ample to make a more southern Caribbean port call on the way to Miami, as we spent most of 2 days cruising in north-south runs to kill time. It would have felt better if the Captain had told us that we were unable to stop anywhere else due to contract issues, or whatever. Many people on the ship were unhappy about this situation. Otherwise - it was our usual fabulous time with Viking - great cabin, absolutely outstanding service, good food & wines. While I don't feel the need to do another Atlantic crossing, I certainly will continue to be a very loyal Viking fan, and have already booked my next cruise!

First Atlantic Crossing!