3. Viking Sea
This is our first Viking ocean cruise, our second Viking cruise and our fifth cruise overall. We chose Viking for our Norway-London trip because of the amazing experience on the Amsterdam-Budapest riverboat cruise -- and we are glad we did! We enjoy the "kids free" environment, the focus on local culture and, of course, the friendly faces of the Viking crew. My initial impression of life on the Viking Sea was supper at the buffet: Chilean Sea Bass? At a buffet? As much as you want? I did not embarrass myself too badly, but I did indulge myself ... and thought, "This is going to be a great trip!" Food, of course, is an important factor in a luxury cruise and in this the Viking Sea showed us the best ever! We ate most of our meals at the buffet, and we were never disappointed, never bored and always happy. The sushi chef, Franklin, was exuberant, professional and most creative in his presentations. We never failed to partake in generous helpings of ahi tuna, crab, shrimp and his amazing sushi! We enjoyed the shows and the entertainment staff were friendly and talented. We often traveled with them in our on shore excursions, and they made great travel companions. The excursions were well-thought out and conducted in a laid back though professional manner. We took advantage of both included tours and the optional tours, and we were never disappointed with our selections. We do have one complaint, but it is not the fault of Viking or the local tour company. During a tour of the Trollsfjord by Traditional Wooden Boat at Lofoten the weather was damp and windy and many of the guests complained about getting wet; this resulted in everyone getting their fees refunded. My wife and I felt this was not fair to the tour company; to us it was no worse than getting wet at a ride at a theme park. But we weren't at a theme park -- we were on a great adventure on an open deck fishing boat in Norway! It was one of our most precious adventures ... and somewhat frustrating because some of the guests didn't like getting wet. Norway, the midnight sun, Orkney Islands, the Shetlands, Scotland and, of course, London ... they're all like a great shared dream we had, meeting such wonderful people living in the most grand, exotic lands and getting a taste of life so far away from home. Viking did a fantastic job giving us this opportunity, guiding us and being our home away from home. Safe to say, we recommend Viking cruises, both on the river and on the ocean. Thanks for a great experience!

Fantastic ocean cruise with a fantastic ocean crew!

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Redneck Zen

Safe to say, we recommend Viking cruises, both on the river and on the ocean.

Thanks for a great experience!
Redneck Zen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Our cabin was the definition of the word "awesome"!!! The amenities were what you'd expect in a luxury cruise, we just loved our veranda, and the little things, like how the powers outlets and USB ports are arranged, the closet designs, the comfortable furniture, all contributed to making us feel comfortable in a little "home away from home."

Above all that, though, were the support staff: Oki and Riva were our buddies, our muses, our sages and our caregivers. We're old and get tired easily, but at the end of each day we'd come "home" to find Oki and Riva waiting to cheer us on, ask us about our latest adventure and share in our joy. They, to us, are Viking's greatest ambassadors. Our trip was made all the better because of their smiling, selfless faces.