• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

kegmeister
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Standard Outside Stateroom

The Elbe River cruise was originally intended to use one boat for the entire trip. But, about two weeks from embarkation we were advised by Viking that the water level of the river was too low and we may have to do some of the trip via bus and use two different boats.

When we arrived at the hotel and had our first group meeting with Simon, the Cruise Director, he advised us that not only was there enough water for us to sail the entire trip on the Astrild, Viking had agreed to also allow us to use the 50% discount they had given us two week earlier to our next cruise.

We arrived at the boat and was met by a crew that left very positive impressions. I have very significant dietary restrictions that if violated and I don't catch it, I would likely end up with a medical emergency. Everyone from Simon down to the Chef had been briefed on the issues. The Chef and the Head Steward were very attentive to the details, prepared meals that complied with the restrictions AND were filled with flavor ()I'm not used to that).

Standard Outside Stateroom

The cabin was clean, spacious, and comfortable.

2 Helpful Votes