3. Viking Sky
We choose the cruise because it hit 10 cities in 13 days. It was a great way to get a flavor of various countries so we could decide which ones to return to and spend more time. There were 420 employees for 850 guests! A fantastic ratio that ensured a very high level of customer service. Right from the start it was first class. Once we got our baggage it was less than 40 minutes before we were in our cabin! Unbelievable organization! We took an Alaskan Cruise on the Celebrity Cruise Lines and we had to wait in long lines for over 2 1/2 hours just to get to our cabin! Each excursion was very well planned and the logistics went off without a hitch. There was always a committee of ship officials to see us off for that day's excursion. Every time we came back from an excursion there was a welcoming committee with bottled water and a moist towel to refresh ourselves. For the Naples welcoming committee they were handing out Limon cello!! What a treat! Only negatives were that a few of the bartenders were not quite up to snuff. They seemed aloof and were very cheap in the shots they poured. If I ordered through a waitress the drink was well poured. Funny...why would that have been? Drinks were supposed to be free during the lunch and dinner times. More than once I went to the bar 1 - 2 minutes after the cuttoff time and they would not serve me without charging me! For real.....not really a warm cozy feeling there. They were also very rude about it. I felt like I was a criminal! There was also a time when I ordered a soda water with lime while watching the entertainment and they insisted on charging it to my room. I had done it many times before and they never asked for my room number. It was complementary. After all we paid you would have thought soda would be a freebee all the time no questions asked. Also the Gelato stands closed from 2:30PM to 5PM and then again after 9PM. So when we came back from an excursion we had to wait to enjoy a nice refreshing gelato! Food was outstanding with a wide variety of 5 different choices for where to dine! Alaskan King Crab at every meal hit the mark for me! They always had a choice of food from the culture of the port we were in. That was a nice touch. All the wait staff were cordial and made us feel very welcome. We enjoyed conversing with them and getting to know them, where they were from and a little about their families. It was quite neat to have them call us by name when they saw us. "Hi Mr. Joe!" Room service was also top notch. The first night I had two steak dinners delivered to our cabin after our 23 hour flight experience. They came cooked to perfection with wonderful sides and outstanding cheesecake! That was a nice way to kick off our dream vacation! We also enjoyed all the entertainment that was available throughout the ship. A wide variety of excellent choices from classical string duo to a wonderful pianist that played a wonderful selection and also requests. There was one time when my wife and I walked in and she started playing a song we had requested the night before! She smiled at us and nodded! We also made many friends! There were quite a few on board from the Pacific Northwest where we are from. Having the laundry room just a few doors down from our cabin was a real plus! We were able to monitor when it was available without much time or stress. The Spa was very luxurious. The Spa Treatments were outstanding! we had two massages, one the second day and one the 11th day. Perfect for keeping us fresh and relaxed. Having breakfast delivered to our cabin daily was great! We filled out what we wanted the night before and what time to deliver it. The next morning it was right on time and very fresh! Eating breakfast on our veranda was a treat! Every morning was like Christmas morning! We could not wait to open our curtains and take in the view of the new port! Monte Carlo was probably the most breathtaking although they all had their own appeal. We like that since the ship was not as big as the large ocean liners we were able to dock closer to the port! We highly recommend this cruise. You may pay a bit more than some others but it is well worth the investment! The spa treatments were first class and we never had to wait in line for anything! Job well done Viking!!!

Mediteranean Odessy Cruise Exceeded Our Expectations! Superior Customer Service

Viking Sky Cruise Review by j_stevens

Job well done Viking!!!
j_stevens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Very spacious and comfortable. Our cabin attendants were fantastic! Really loved the veranda. We ate breakfast on it most mornings. Afforded us fantastic photo ops.