Viking Aegir Cruise Review

Viking Aegir Cruise Review by Travelgram 13

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

We had never done a river cruise and had heard from others that Viking was a good choice. We loved the smaller scale of being on a river cruise and the staff to cruisers ratio. The meals on board were so well done and we loved that there were food options reflecting specialties of each area we were visiting. The information sent before the cruise detailing the shore excursions was excellent. The excursions were all so good it was hard to choose and the guides were excellent. That said, my only negative comment about the excursions, is that I personally feel the included ones should all be easy ones. Having had enough of my own medical problems and observing others on excursions that were beyond their abilities I feel would not have happened had all the included ones been easy. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do the difficult ones again, so hate having to pay extra for one in my ability level giving up one that was part of the package. I'm hoping Viking can look into this and change it for future cruises or allow a substitution to be done for those needing something better suited to their abilities.

The cabins were all very nice and we love that all had windows. I love taking photos out my own room window. We also enjoyed the information given daily about where we would be docking and the history and geography of the new areas entering. There were a few other activities the crew offered that we loved but many times in the evenings we just enjoyed visiting with other passengers or reading up and preparing for the next day.

Not only would we definitely travel with Viking, we've already booked our next trip. So far the trip we did really felt geared more towards adults which we prefer, but I can see families thoroughly enjoy cruising with them as well.

Travelgram 13's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony

We liked having a nice big balcony type window to take photos out from even though it wasn't a true balcony that could be stepped out onto.

Next Review