3. Viking Einar
My younger sister researched and suggested my husband and I join in. Glad we did as our brother, sister-in-law and other sister and brother-in-law did too. Plus 3 other couples who are friends. This was the first time we all travelled together. Amazing that all of our schedules meshed to go on the adventure. The itinerary allowed everyone to venture and do what they wanted. It was fun to gather in the evening and compare the day's experiences. I do not like large cruise ships. The Einar Longship was just the right size and the right amount of guests and staff. Excellent staff who were always watching out for the safety and comfort of guests. Very accommodating and helpful suggestions of the cities and sites visited. Everyone was well trained and professional. Dining & service are excellent. Enjoyed the regional choices and everyday selection. The kitchen prepared a special menu for my sister-in-law who is from the Philippines. It was enjoyable to have a choice to dine in the dining room or upstairs on the deck. There were plenty of options for planned excursions, self-exploring or to stay on board. Greatly enjoyed the walking tours. The guides were excellent. Also enjoyed the lecture on the history, economy & changes to modern Germany. Could have spent more time in Heidelberg. A special touch was allowing guests to board early and enjoy lunch. During disembarkation, guests who had late flights or tours could stay on board and enjoy the public areas. My husband and I enjoyed the Viking Longship Einar. We will consider another Viking Longship river cruise in the future. Basel was enjoyable and good embarkation city. We also spent 2 days in Lucerne prior to Basel which was fun. In hindsight would have liked the pre-cruise tour of Lake Como but a reason to return to explore.

Excellent Vacation With Family & Friends

Anne Mc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Einar price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA
Would book the same cabin in the future. Thoughtful layout. Beautiful furnishings and lighting. Liked the location. Very quiet, clean, comfortable bed & roomy cabin.
Cabin attendant was excellent. The laundry service was very good.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins