3. MSC Seaside
This review is mostly a good one, with some constructive criticism that I would hope MSC takes into consideration.. MSC is an excellent line, taking the comfort of passengers seriously. We chose to take a Back-to-Back, 15-day cruise to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary. This is our tenth cruise, so we are not newcomers and have experienced many different cruise lines. 1. 99% of the staff, including wait staff, cabin stewards, pool attendants, were VERY friendly and courteous, happy to be of assistance. However, most of the female "higher ups" at the Excursion or Guest Services desks, not the males, were very unfriendly and rigid with the guests, not accommodating and actually treating us as though we were beneath them. 2. The pool area is very clean and the water was perfect. We were grateful that the Deck 7 pool was kept to Adults only and that it was enforced. However, something must be done about people "reserving" pool lounge chairs early in the morning and then not using them for most of the day, thereby preventing others from using them. This was a serious problem that led to quite a few altercations. 3.The menu was excellent, with a great variety each night along with traditional favorites. But we were never served escargot, not once. And never once was lobster offered on the regular menu. This is quite unusual for any cruise line. Also, chefs should be more aware of regional cuisine--for example, the Caribbean night menu did not offer Conch at all on the menu. 4. The ship is magnificent, with beautiful decor everywhere, modern new fixtures and room appointments that functioned perfectly. It is very big and we certainly got our exercise walking everywhere. Sometimes, though, it was not necessary since there were not enough signs. For example, at every elevator there are floor plans of the ship--but some were point fore and others were pointing aft--they should all point in the same direction. Also, there could be small discreet signs at each elevator pointing you to the buffet, pool, theater, etc. This could be done tastefully so that it does not shout at you. 5. Our All-in Package was an excellent deal. We received 5G of Internet, which was more than sufficient. Also, we had an excellent drink package with fulfilled all our drink needs. Room Service was also included as "free" but they were not aware of this and tried to charge me $6.90 for a cup of tea. Their manager tried to argue that it was free for "food only" but I was able to show her a printout in 2 different documents I had brought with me showing that "All Room Service charges" were included. 6. As a gift from MSC for our Anniversary, we were given a free Specialty Dinner and a cake was given to us. This was very nice, but I had to ask for it since our booking agent from MSC had never noted it. The Butcher's Cut dining room was not special at all. I ate the same Rack of Lamb as on the regular menu, and on top of that I would have been charged for the water that was included in my drink package but not accepted in the specialty restaurant. I think the Specialty Restaurants should be truly special. 7. Finally, the quality of the shows in the Metropolitan Theater was top-notch. The only critique I have is that it was too repetitive. Most of the shows incorporated the same singers, dancers, acrobats, etc. On the MSC Divina, we had separate shows--one show would be all singing, one acrobats, one a theater show (Blue Man Group), etc. Our favorite time on this cruise was the day at Ocean Cay. The private island is pristine, new and perfect in every way. All in all, I would give this cruise an A, not an A+, but still an excellent cruise.

Great line--some critique

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by nancyb39

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

MSC is an excellent line, taking the comfort of passengers seriously.

nancyb39’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2
Back to Back passengers should be afforded rooms with more closet/drawer space.
Venice Beach Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins