3. Viking Atla
I went on this cruise with my 20 year old daughter. After several ocean cruises, this was my first experience on a river cruise. It was an amazing trip. The staff and crew were always friendly and accommodating. The ship, cabin, and food were all awesome. The provided shore excursions and tour guides were all very interesting. Viking took great care of us throughout the entire experience, from making the initial travel arrangements, all the way to assisting with our flight back home. We were always treated as valued customers and guests. I would highly recommend a river cruise and Viking Cruises. We missed a flight connection (and lost some luggage) on the way to begin our trip, and subsequently missed two days of the cruise. This was not Viking's fault. Since we would have not arrived in time prior to the start of our cruise (in Budapest), we had to take a flight to meet our ship on the 2nd day of the cruise (in Vienna). This was a little more adventure and drama than we planned for, but it all worked out. I would recommend purchasing the travel insurance, and arriving a day or two prior to the cruise departure (if possible). The trip insurance reimbursed us for lost days of the cruise, for our unexpected hotel stay, for the lost luggage, and for incidental expenses (e.g. - meals and cab rides).

Amazing, first time river cruise experience.

Viking Atla Cruise Review by MartinAS

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

It was an amazing trip.

I would highly recommend a river cruise and Viking Cruises.

MartinAS’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Viking Atla price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E
The cabin was great. The cabin was located on the bottom deck. Prior to the trip, I was expecting this to be a negative. It was not in the least. We did not have a balcony or an opening window, but we never missed it. We were only in the cabin to sleep.
We really enjoyed the public spaces, which all had large windows.
We also enjoyed the top deck, when we really wanted to see the views along the river.
Main Deck Outside Cabins