3. Viking Sun
Friends had traveled on Viking river cruises and decided to try Viking Ocean cruises. I have traveled a lot and been on Holland, America, Celebrity, Azamara, Royal Caribbean, Princess, small ship of 50 passengers with a Grand Circle Travel, and Carnival. I have also been on many tours. Itinerary is always what I look at first. Even though I had been to Norway this itinerary stopped at several new places. I especially enjoyed the Shetland and Orkney Islands. The Viking Sun was immaculate and had a soothing atmosphere. Our cabin was always spotless. The spa is fabulous. I enjoyed the lectures and port talks. While the few shows were excellent, I MISSED the nightly productions that the other cruise lines provide. The food was outstanding. We ate twice in Manfredi ‘s and thoroughly enjoyed it. The buffet is exceptional with its freshness and variety. The Restaurant was also excellent. We tried the Chef’s Table and just thought it was fair. Not sure we will try it on our next Viking cruise. I enjoyed the serenity of the entire ship. I did not miss children, a photographer, or casino. I don’t care about wine or beer but did enjoy cappuccino. More excursion times should be offered.

Interesting Itinerary

Viking Sun Cruise Review by june1

I enjoyed the lectures and port talks.

I don’t care about wine or beer but did enjoy cappuccino.

More excursion times should be offered.
june1’s Full Rating Summary