3. Harmony of the Seas
I am a RC Diamond member for a number of years now so I tend to keep my business with this line due to the perks (which are dwindling) that go with it. My 2nd time on this particular ship The Harmony, launched just 3.5 years ago, is a great ship. Huge. Almost too many choices in dining and fun. It mostly did not feel very crowded except perhaps the first sea day. :"Grease" was fantastic. Our wait staff in the dining room was terrific as was the Loyalty Representative. I love the check in now. with on-line check in and papers in hand it was a breeze to get through, Seapass cards awaiting us on the door of our room. My only complaint? You have to be a Pinnacle or be in a Suite to get priority lanes for security. the security line was long because Diamonds are in with everyone else. but it was tolerable and more than made up for by the breeze that is now check-in. If I had any complaints, it's the location and size of the Diamond Lounge. I love the lounge. I great place to get away from the crowds, meet other frequent cruisers like ourselves, and have a freebie drink (or 3) before or after dinner. but why did they put it down on deck 4 where the theater and comedy club, jazz club, skating rink etc is? It's too small (at 4:30 the place was overrun with diamond members. literally could not get a seat the first day and several nights after), no windows. What is a pleasant experience on smaller ships due to size and view (like the Liberty, or even older ships like the Brilliance), now feels like we've been stuck in a closet. the lounge I hear on the Oasis has been moved from a GREAT location (where Wonderland is now) to the same place. I mean, does RCCL care about its diamond members? What do we actually get now? No actual priority boarding. no priority leaving. Precious little but this crowded lounge and free drinks (we also used it for breakfast - which is more pleasant than the madhouse that is the Windjammer). I will say the Diamond rep there - Gavin - was terrific all week. I can't say enough good things about him. Destinations? We booked 2 excursions through RCCL on Roatan and Costa Maya. Both were frankly overpriced and cheesy. I hoped that booking through the ship would give us something better than what we got. Not worth the money. I think in the future, I'm going to have to be more like a detective on these cheesy excursions. The weather sucked for 3 days (2 days of driving rain in port, and the last sea day, the sea and the wind made it almost impossible to be on deck. they even closed deck 16 as a hazard), but hardly RCCL's fault. just bad luck. LOVED the jazz club. Les Demerle and his band were fantastic. wish more ships had this. Cabin was very clean and well attended to. No complaints. The gym has everything although it did get crowded even in the morning. the food in the dining room was very good as was our wait staff. anyway, we got a nice deal and it's a nice ship.

Good Ship. No significant complaints

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by RCLDIAMONDIAM

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

the food in the dining room was very good as was our wait staff.

anyway, we got a nice deal and it's a nice ship.
RCLDIAMONDIAM’s Full Rating Summary