3. Norwegian Epic
I read all the negative reviews prior to travelling and I was a little worried we had made a mistake, I took all the comments onboard and decided to make up my own mind and make the most of it.. I didn’t need to be worried at all we loved every minute. We had originally booked an aft facing balcony then decided to pay the difference after final payment and upgrade to Haven 2 bedroom suite again wondering if it would be worth the extra.... and wow it was we was blown away. We did spend a lot of time away from the Haven also and spoke to many people who was enjoying themselves I guess the Epic is a ship you either love or hate. We found the lifts could sometimes have a 5 minute wait but that never bothered us or we took the stairs. The vast majority of staff we encountered were friendly, we had drinks offered to us by the main pool by servers and never had a problem waiting for drinks or service. Yes it was busy at times but we knew this by booking a large ship. I was also expecting less open spaces as a lot of reviews have said the Epic doesn’t have many areas you can look out to sea but we had deck 15 from front to back, deck 7 the running track is next to the life boats but also has gaps you can look out of, also I don’t think many people knew about deck 18 opposite the posh club a door leads you out onto a vast open deck with loungers and sea views open to anyone but it was always quiet up there. Embarkation was a breeze from getting out of the taxi to boarding was 15 minutes as soon as we got out of the taxi they saw our priority tags and they took us through security, check in then to the haven lounge for refreshments, we was then taken upto the Haven given a tour and then taken to lunch whilst our room was getting ready. The room was ready by 1.30 and luggage dropped off not long after that. Our room was amazing definitely had the wow factor so much room for 2 adults and a toddler, both our butler and steward were outstanding. The food in the haven restaurant was on another level excellent every time and the staff again outstanding. Because the food was so good in the haven we did find the speciality restaurants not as good, we did eat in the garden cafe a few times and found so much choice, fresh and warm food. The Chinese we didn’t like not much choice and tasteless, osheehans was fine we just had a late night meal there once. Our child went to the kids club a few times and absolutely loved it, we enjoyed all the nightly entertainment especially the cirque dreams show. The casino area didn’t bother me we enjoyed walking through it and watching people win or lose, I’m not a smoker and I only smelt smoke twice. All I can say is this was our first NCL cruise and definitely won’t be our last

Excellent from beginning to end....

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by TW1975

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Courtyard Villa with Balcony

All I can say is this was our first NCL cruise and definitely won’t be our last
TW1975’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Courtyard Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4
Loved it, so much room. Wasn’t sure if we would like the enclosed balcony but wow what amazing views, felt totally safe for our toddler and when we hit bad weather we could still sit out. Great butler and fantastic cabin steward
Deck 17 Suite Cabins