Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review

Fabulous Hogmanay

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by Misc Zoho

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean

We spent the 2 weeks around New Year on this ship and were very impressed. They did a great job of the Hogmanay Party one of the best I have been to. Great Night. We will be back!

Staff on the ship are 5*. I was told that they range from over 45 different countries but whoever did the hiring and training deserves a promotion. So proactive and helpful.

Loved the way they take you straight from the bottom of the aircraft steps straight to the ship AND at the end of your trip Immigration is done ON BOARD before breakfast.. Very slick.

No Q's at bars NEVER waited for water, bread , meals or drink to be delivered to my dinner table. How they manage to feed all those people in all the different restaurant about the same time was fantastic. Logistically amazing! Everything was so smooth you just take it for granted. Not once did I have to Q and that included going on or off the ship.

Spa is nice, they do deals and I thought they were reasonable 3 treatments for £99. Don't ignore the shops on board, for some things they gave me the best prices. Try the bike rides(they have ebikes). We did 2 of the organised trips and thought they were good value, next year we will do more. Coffee in the Coffee Pot was lovely, girl who ran it knew her coffee. Loved the films on the top deck at night and one night when the weather got colder the staff turned up with cosy blankets - without being asked, how nice was that!

As I said....we will be back!

Misc Zoho's Full Rating Summary

Balcony was a good size. Beds were comfy. Starboard side is best because you dock that side more often and get great views. Bathroom was a bit small but the shower was powerfull and hot.

Misc Zoho