Azamara Quest Review

10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Club Oceanview Stateroom

We went from Mumbai to Cape Town - 24 nights with 11 sea-days. I will start wit the good bit by saying that the staff were without exception excellent and as good as any ship that i have sailed on. The rest of my comments are critical - Management was another matter!

We did not get off to a good start! We were supposed to spend two days in Mombasa, Kenya which was a prime reason for us taking the trip but this was canceled on security grounds. I can wholly accept that but nobody bothered to tell us or our travel agent. We only found out by accident a few days before we left.

By and large the food was not good. I just never got on with the Canteen (Azamara calls it "The Cafe"). as the food was invariably only luke warm at best and sometimes colder than that. They kept doing "theme nights" from round the world (e.g. Mexicann, Indian and so on). I ended up wondering what wonderful chefs they must have to cope with all that! Salads were particularly poor but the soup and the ice cream were good. But I never had a good meal there.

Club Oceanview Stateroom

Please see the above comments

13 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azamara Quest Cruise from $1,119

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.