• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

jostoy
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin:

This was my first ever cruise at the age of 48 with my 2 girls, aged 10 & 18. Being from NZ it was nice to do a 7 night cruise around NZ. Stopping at Bay of Islands, Akaroa, Picton & Napier was nice. While I have been to most of these places with the exception of Akaroa it was nice to go there again as it has been some years to certain places and it was great to catch up with some family members in Picton & Napier that we don't get to see often.

The ship was amazing, heaps of entertainment and activities so you could do as much or as little as you wanted.

Food was amazing & I can honestly say that, myself and 1 of my daughters are Coeliac and we sure did not go hungry. The main place we ate at was The Lido and Min who was the Restaurant Manager was just amazing. The crew were just amazing and my 10 year old got lost on the 2nd day on board and she was looked after amazingly by the crew and the reception area, I was so thankful and appreciative of the way they cared for her and made her feel comfortable.

Cosy but sufficient. Having to have the pull out couch out to cater for the 3rd person did mean we lost more space but we managed and it was fine. Being provided with Toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, hair dryer and a room safe was amazing. Being able to unpack in the drawers and wardrobe and put your bags in the wardrobe helped create more space.

Port Reviews

Bay of Islands

Great to have the shuttle bus to take us to Russell, nice to just have a wonder and look around.

Akaroa

Have never been to Akaroa so was nice to have a look thru the quaint little shops and gift shops, have a walk around the water and enjoy some lunch. Bit of a wait to get back on the tender boat to get back to the Ship, waited in the queue for over an hour in the hot sun.

Picton

Been here many times when travelling down to Blenheim or Christchurch over the years. Still a nice little town to walk around but best thing was catching up with family from Blenheim that we don't get to see as often as we would like.

Napier

Have not been to Napier for a number of years, some cool little shops and again nice to catch up with family hat I have not seen for many years.

11 Helpful Votes