• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Mike_DiDomizio
10+ Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

I think the empress of the seas is perfect for anyone looking for a smaller ship with a great itinerary. I think the only way you could be disappointed being on the empress of the seas is if you expect the big ship amenities. The ports of call were great food was amazing and shows were fun to watch.

We stayed 2 nights in Miami Beach before the cruise and took an uber over to the terminal the morning of. Easy embarkation process. Really love the new app to help with embarkation and to explore the daily itinerary.

The staff was some of the best I've ever gotten to cruise with and the ship was very well kept up for being the oldest ship in the fleet. The ship is small compared to any other ships I've been on however since its size there are fewer guests onboard so it all evens out. The ship shows its age and size in my opinion in some of the walkways in the dining room and theatre. They are very tight and not as accessible for older cruisers.

Interior Stateroom

It was a very small but comfortable cabin. I would %100 stay in this cabin again. Great location close to the staircase and main floors. very quiet and peaceful.

Port Reviews

San Juan

We walked the town and explored the forts.

St. Thomas

We took the ferry from St Thomas to St John and then went to trunk bay. Graet beach but a lot different since the hurricane hit.

Labadee

Great stop. We were the only ship in port and had the whole island to ourselves. Great beach and food.

Find an Empress of the Seas Cruise