3. Empress of the Seas
I think the empress of the seas is perfect for anyone looking for a smaller ship with a great itinerary. I think the only way you could be disappointed being on the empress of the seas is if you expect the big ship amenities. The ports of call were great food was amazing and shows were fun to watch. We stayed 2 nights in Miami Beach before the cruise and took an uber over to the terminal the morning of. Easy embarkation process. Really love the new app to help with embarkation and to explore the daily itinerary. The staff was some of the best I've ever gotten to cruise with and the ship was very well kept up for being the oldest ship in the fleet. The ship is small compared to any other ships I've been on however since its size there are fewer guests onboard so it all evens out. The ship shows its age and size in my opinion in some of the walkways in the dining room and theatre. They are very tight and not as accessible for older cruisers. We stayed in cabin 8167 which is an inside room. It was very small which is to be expected but It honestly was one of the most comfortable rooms I can remember being in. We really enjoyed the cabin. In all even though I do enjoy some of the features found on bigger ships we LOVED the empress of the seas. We always found a place to sit by the pool, dining room and at a show. I loved the small ship feel. The ship did feel old but It was never an issue.

Great Value Cruise

Mike_DiDomizio’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin 4V
It was a very small but comfortable cabin. I would %100 stay in this cabin again. Great location close to the staircase and main floors. very quiet and peaceful.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins