3. Carnival Horizon
I just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Horizon and had an amazing time! It absolutely exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to book another! Embarkation can be hectic as you are carrying your luggage and the attendants want you to keep moving since, of course, there are so many people to board. Once you get on and get settled, its amazing! Public Areas: There are so many places to lounge, indoor or outdoor enjoying a drink or soaking in the sun. There are staff around constantly cleaning and making tables or chairs available for you. Entertainment: There is so much freakin stuff to do on this ship!! Of course the waterslides, sky ride, ropes course, clubhouse, basketball, mini golf, spa, but also the shows and music around the ship was 10/10. The acoustic guy in the Artrium was great, the band that played in the ocean plaza- GREAT, Country band in the Pig Anchor - AWESOME, and the violinist in the Atrium OFF THE HOOK! They hired extremely talented people that I didn't think would be on a cruise ship. The comedian Chris Wiles was OK to me, probably hilarious to others, but not really my type of funny. There is always something to do. Moreover there are seminars for every interest all day long. On the 6 day long cruise, we didn't even get to do everything available on board! And dancing everywhere! So much fun. Dining: The lido buffet is just abut always open with pretty good food. The main dining room is also free and the sea brunch was good too!! Delicious fresh squeezed juice and the chia pudding was my favorite. The lox also tasted good. But, really, the Pig n Anchor BBQ spot was soo good. I can't say enough. Its a great size portion and only $8 for a meal. We also ate at Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse, another delicious dinner and superb service. It is on par with Alexanders steakhouse, and better than Flemings or Mortons. You are treated like royalty. There is so much food on this ship, of every kind. Any kind of food you can think of - its offered. Room: The Havana Premium Balcony room is huge, and balcony even better and spacious. It comes with lounge chairs and gorgeous views. The stateroom steward, Muh, was the most friendly person I have ever met! You immediately feel like best friends with him. He remembered our names the first time. He also knew my BF's birthday and sang a little song; and I did not tell Muh that it was my BF's bday! He just knew and remembered. He took care of us and provided everything we needed for our room. I also loved the towel animals that were in our stateroom every day. Excursions: Unfortunately 2 of our excursions were cancelled (glass boat tour in Grand Cayman and Blue Hole in Jamaica) due to weather/ rain and uncontrollable reasons. I believe we will be getting our money back for those. However we still had an enjoyable time, or came back to the ship early to do more FUN STUFF. Cruises seems like an affordable way to vacation and see new places. I can't wait to do another. Overall Carnival exceeded my expectations and I really felt did a 10 out of 10 in every aspect. I would absolutely choose Carnival AGAIN!

Best first cruise ever