My exp. with Holland America was exceptional. The accommodations are great, the food is fabulous and the service is exceptional. I liked the laundry service as I only packed 7 days of clothing for lighter luggage. The laundry came back clean, folded and in a basket. I booked an in-board room (no window) but did not miss a window or feel claustrophobic as I kept my self busy with on-board activities. There are work out facilities and you can be on the treadmill and face the ocean. (Great way to exercise!) The theatre showed current movies. I even saw an art display and one could buy some of the pieces. I saw a display of re-created Faberge eggs and enjoyed the speakers presentation of them. I was entertained by the cooking shows offered. Even the staff put on a demonstration of their talents in dancing and singing. I listened to a quartet of string musicians in one of the anterooms. The most important thing for me is the cleanliness. I saw exceptional attention to cleaning and sanitizing the food courts. 1 person who got sick was quarantined to her room until they could determine her illness. I like how Holland America followed this protocol. The staff even went in and cleaned her carpeting! The food is fabulous and no one was wanting for seconds. Every restaurant had quality service and food. My favorite meals were served in the dining room. Every conceivable meat or vegetable or dessert was prepared by experienced chefs. I will continue to use Holland America for cruising. I booked a tour thru Alla Tours for St Petersburg because Alla Tours was highly recommended by my cruise coordinator, Craft Cruises. I immediately got an email back from Eugenia of Alla Tours with detailed instructions. As a new traveler to her country, I appreciated her detail. Iplaceyou

This is my 3rd cruise with Holland America.

Veendam Cruise Review by Iplaceyou119

Iplaceyou119’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Veendam price drops

Standard Interior Stateroom
Cabin N
It was an inside cabin without windows, but I scarcely noticed that because I was only in my room to clean up or sleep.
A Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins