• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Veendam Review

Editor Rating
18 Awards

This is my 3rd cruise with Holland America.

Review for Veendam to the Baltic Sea
Iplaceyou119
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Standard Interior Stateroom

My exp. with Holland America was exceptional. The accommodations are great, the food is fabulous and the service is exceptional. I liked the laundry service as I only packed 7 days of clothing for lighter luggage. The laundry came back clean, folded and in a basket.

I booked an in-board room (no window) but did not miss a window or feel claustrophobic as I kept my self busy with on-board activities. There are work out facilities and you can be on the treadmill and face the ocean. (Great way to exercise!) The theatre showed current movies. I even saw an art display and one could buy some of the pieces. I saw a display of re-created Faberge eggs and enjoyed the speakers presentation of them. I was entertained by the cooking shows offered. Even the staff put on a demonstration of their talents in dancing and singing. I listened to a quartet of string musicians in one of the anterooms.

The most important thing for me is the cleanliness. I saw exceptional attention to cleaning and sanitizing the food courts. 1 person who got sick was quarantined to her room until they could determine her illness. I like how Holland America followed this protocol. The staff even went in and cleaned her carpeting!

Standard Interior Stateroom

It was an inside cabin without windows, but I scarcely noticed that because I was only in my room to clean up or sleep.

Port Reviews

St. Petersburg

I booked with Eugenia at AllaTours and she was quite helpful. She sent me an itinerary for my 2 day tour.

Find a Veendam Cruise