3. Allure of the Seas
Lots to say about this cruise: Embarkation: We had The Key and arrived to the port before the doors opened. One door was clearly designated for Key members. We breezed through Security and check-in, then were escorted to the Key waiting area in the terminal. The waiting area was divided into groups for Suites, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus and Diamond members, The Key, then the remaining boarding groups. The process worked very well and we were on the ship shortly after 11:00 a.m. We then went to Giovanni's and were first in line for the delightful Amanda to book our Specialty Dining reservations. Off to Chops luncheon for Key members in the MDR Deck 4, then a drink at Sabor Bar (Kareem is fantastic!) before heading to our cabins. Our carry-on bags were waiting for us there. Muster Drill: We arrived at C1 in the Jazz on 4 early enough to score some seats. Muster was smooth, but I admit the handwashing and spy videos are getting really old with me after the previous 5 cruises. Specialty Dining: --150 Central Park. We were all VERY disappointed they no longer offer the 6 different salts and real butter. That was a huge highlight of our Oasis cruise in 2017. Service our first night there was only okay. The second night we dined there, Francisco made our evening!!! --Chops Grille. The limited menu lunch on Embarkation Day featured wonderful offerings. My friends and I enjoyed the filet, the burger and the halibut. The night we dined in Chops was good, not great. They were very busy and their stress levels showed. --Sabor: Again, good but night great. Perhaps it will improve in its new identity after dry dock. --Giovannis: The BEST!!! EVERY item on their menu is fantastic and we dined there our last 3 nights on board! OMG! We love Amanda and Jorge was our favorite server! Non-Specialty Dining: The buffet was a zoo each time we visited. No lines, just people shoving their way in to get food. The food was pretty good, but not worth the fight. Kudos to Hera, the manager and Zang, who helped us at breakfast on our last sea day. Park Café was okay too. Not worth waiting in line though. MDR was mediocre for breakfast and lunch. Solarium Bistro and Samba Grill were closed to us because they were reserved for Glatt Kosher specialty dining. Which brings me to... Fellow Passengers: I have never seen SO many children aboard a cruise ship!!! Most of them were screaming, running around and annoying while their parents either ignored them or just allowed them to misbehave. This is the first cruise EVER in which we did not make new friends, as the majority of the passengers were rude and unfriendly. So glad we had The Key and show reservations, which made things easier for us. Crown and Anchor Party: Held in the Aqua Theater and was absolutely fantastic! I sat front and center and enjoyed the special aqua show. Mario, the famous Pinnacle member with the most RC Cruises, sat right behind me. He is SO nice! The only annoyance was a new Pinnacle member who wanted to say "a few words", which was 10 laminated pages long and got political. The Captain and Senior Officers maintained their smiles through that 15 minute ordeal. Shows: Ocean Aria is a MUST!!!!! WOW!!! Visual joy! Ice Games! was boring to me, but the skaters are phenominal. Las Vega Tenors.....we left before the show ended. We missed Blue Planet, sad to say. Cabin: We had an Oceanview Balcony on Deck 9. Glynnis, out steward was WONDERFUL!!!! Spa: I had two massages. Very hard sell on Elemis products at the end of the first....I didn't like that at all. The second one was with Christine who was extremely intuitive and gave me constructive feedback afterward with little attempt for selling product. Perfect Day at CoCo Cay: Too short!!!! OMG, this island is great! We had an Oasis Lagoon Cabana. Thaddeous, our attendant, went out of his way to continually delight us. He surprised us with watermelon when we arrived After an hour-long dip and dancing in the VERY cold Oasis Lagoon, he brought us the famous mozzarella sticks (SO GOOD) and fries. Later, he brought us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and a hot funnel cake. We were so full, but had to try the Crispy Chicken sandwich. We each took a bite and it is as great as everyone has reported. OMG!!! The island is beautiful, the restrooms clean, the food delicious.... I want another day there! Cruise Compass: The organization of this is by activity and Day/Evening. There are no bar hours posted (which I really needed on a day when the ship was rocking heavily). I hope RC will change this soon. Disembarkation: The best part of The Key! We received our instructions two nights before. My friend and I chose the Key breakfast in the MDR Deck 4 at 6:30 a.m. After enjoying Petit Filet and eggs, we walked directly off the ship at 7:25. They use facial recognition ID at Port Everglades and we were on our shuttle at 7:35. All in all, a delightful cruise.

Good Times on the Allure

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Saturngrl

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony
Lots to say about this cruise:

Specialty Dining:

Park Café was okay too. Not worth waiting in line though.

MDR was mediocre for breakfast and lunch.

Shows: Ocean Aria is a MUST!!!!! WOW!!! Visual joy!

Ice Games! was boring to me, but the skaters are phenominal.

Las Vega Tenors.....we left before the show ended.

We missed Blue Planet, sad to say.

All in all, a delightful cruise.
Saturngrl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4D
Well kept with plenty of storage room. Only complaint is the generic body/hair soap in the shower. Will bring my own soap next trip.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins