3. Sky Princess
We took this cruise because it is a new ship and the Princess name would give us a more mature crowd with less children. The plan worked great , not many children and adult ages were mostly 50s to 70s . The cabin was standard , Balcony could be larger .Cabin was new and everything worked with no problem. The bed was very soft and comfortable . Great band every night in the atrium ( they called it the piazza area ). Old folks like to dance to 60s through todays pop dance tunes and we went every night to dance with that band. The Medallion that is your room key didn't always work or connect correctly . there were four of us in our group and all had the same issue. Make no mistake , It is not easy to set up the Medallion on the ship. You will need help and will find help I think it was on deck 5 ? The Medallion did work great with embarkation as long as you do the prep work at home before the cruise. al in all I think when they get the bugs out it is much better then the cabin card . It did work great to find fellow passengers location on the ship and give you directions to find them. We had open seating and that worked out for us . The food was great in the dinning rooms .We did not use any specialty dinning options. The food court was typical of other cruises . Hamburger station could be better ( our last cruise had a Guys hamburger grill that is hard to beat ). The food court ,Hamburger grill and Pizza bar closed early every night at 10 PM . So that after the main show in the theater if you wanted to get something to eat you were limited to a small snack bar on I think it was deck 4 ? Not much to choose from. I guess because It was an older crowd and the ship did get quiet after 10:30 pm. There is an Alfredos pizza on deck 7 that was included and there was no additional charge .Its a sit down great pizza and salad restaurant but also closes at 10 PM. Room steward was great , refilled toiletries every night . No towel animals but ive seen enough of that, this was my 13th cruise. Princess main theater was great ! Live Orchestra with a real drummer ! I hate it when they dance to backtracks . A backtrack is like a glorified karaoke system . The live band and dancers , Magician and comedian were great . Don't miss the shows ! No problem getting a lounge chair on upper decks, a lot lot of older folks sit in the shade. "The Sanctuary " is on the upper deck and reservations can be made to use it by the half or full day . I went on embarkation day but they were all booked up . You can only book the Sanctuary on the ship . This was free on the Carnival Horizon ship that I went on last year . Carnival called it the "serenity" , it also was an adult area . Don't waist your money , instead go to deck 17 forward and go to the " Retreat pool " also an adult area and free . I do wish there were more cooking type classes . We did a wine tasting class that was nice but there was a charge for this , I think $25 per person , My sister paid so im not sure of the cost. I do need to point out that on this cruise there was a group of over 600 guests with a Polka group . we didn't know this when we booked . This group would have large Entertainment areas and sometimes two areas at the same time closed to only them . this went on all week and had taken what I thought would be Entertainment areas for us as well . No way would they let us in ! Just not right. We paid just as much and from what I understand even more then these guests . In closing, We did have a great time and would take another Princess cruise mostly because of the quality of the food , the live band Entertainment and the age group of the guests. And oh yes , the Captain was funnier then the cruise director . Bye Bye !

Medallion class