Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review
3,650 Reviews

Did not get the R&R we were hoping for. 1 pool very crowded with young adults.

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jkjkic

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom

Disappointed. We sailed in the NCL Breakaway in the Caribbean the week before Christmas 2019, and were hoping to have a relaxing time, but couldn't during the day. The one pool is small and very crowded with young adults, as well as the hot tubs. Loud bands. You couldn't get away from the noise. The food in the main restaurants was not up to par as compared to other cruise lines we have sailed on. That said, the buffet did offer a lot of choices and was fine. The two main shows were outstanding (Six and Burn the Floor), the rest, so so. The food in the Specialty restaurants, specially Le Bistro was very good.The balcony cabin was fine, except a bit small. Service was very good. We are seniors, but young at heart. Our next cruise will be one more geared to our age group. I/we would not go on this cruise again. Also, this was our 5th NCL cruise, and my wife and I have always traveled together, yet they had me at a lower category from her's and I couldn't get them to straighten this out! One last thing, the day at the beach that we were looking forward to was cancelled a couple of days ahead due to "anticipated bad weather" which did not happen. I understand that they have to prepare their island accordingly with the right resources, but felt this cancellation (and being re-routed to St. Thomas) was premature and unnecessary. That was quite a let down!

jkjkic's Full Rating Summary