3. Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages)
After cruising with many different cruise lines, we thought we would give CMV a go, especially as we had previously sailed on the same ship when it was previously owned by P&O. Very disappointing on the 11days we were onboard (back to back cruises) that one of the pools was only open for one day, especially as it is summer and perfect time to be using the pools. No explanation was ever given as to why the pool was closed, it just was. Out of the 10 bars onboard, only two bars were open during the day, which considering drinks are how cruise lines make their money, I find this very strange. This also meant that activities on during the day were all held in the one venue, meaning people would set themselves up from the beginning of the day in these venues, and there was nowhere for anyone else who wanted to join in on ad-hoc activities. We also found the crews customer service and attitude to be the worst we have ever experienced on a cruise ship. It was as though some of the crew just did not want to be there. My worst experience was with the reception staff, where rather than trying to be of assistance, the particular individual kept asking me to provide evidence that I had paid for my drinks package 2months prior to boarding, and even after showing the Email with the confirmation, still didn't meet her requirements. On asking to speak with the guest services manager, I was told he is far too busy to speak to me. Whilst a few bad experiences, it wasnt all bad. The drinks package onboard is really well priced, and plenty of options to choose from, and at the end of the day, you are still on holiday which is always a good thing.

Average Cruise - Wouldn't recommend to anyone as a First Cruise option