Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by mcriley7213

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass Stateroom with Veranda

Main reason we picked this ship was loved the ports of call. Spent 3 days prior in Rome which was also consideration. Loved the Edge, it really is something to see. So new and modern and without a doubt best service . We Loved Blu, not having to have a specific dining time was the key. I bid for upgrade to Aqua mainly because I couldn’t get select dining time and was glad we did. Rooms are same as other IV but because we had Aqua class (A2) locations are on higher decks which I like. With Blu Only had to wait once for 10 minutes and only because we wanted a specific waiter. Service was excellent , food good but not great. Loved the Oceanview cafe and had breakfast there each morning. Lots of fresh fruit and omelets made to order. You can eat healthy food but not feel deprived. The service at the Magic carpet and Sunset bars was stellar. Only issue we had is that they always seemed to be very limited on their beer selection, especially at the pool bar. They advertise they carried Corona Light but never saw it anywhere. I frequented the Coffee bar every night for a late night dessert, nice selection of small treats so not a big splurge in calories. It’s complementary to everyone. I visited the casino, played 3 card porker and slots and ended up a loser but it’s what I expected. Ports of call were good but not all the docking were it all in nice locations.

mcriley7213's Full Rating Summary

AquaClass Stateroom with Veranda

Loved the Infinite Balcony, I guess it’s not for everyone but it really adds to the size of the room so we loved that. Loved that door opens all the way and disappears into the side . It not for anyone looking to sun themselves on a balcony but that isn’t why we went on a Mediterranean cruise, spent all day on excursions.

Amalfi Coast

Sorrento, Positano Ravello Including lunch at La Tagliata, highlight of our 10 day trip! Great tour guide and lunch was awesome best view ever

View All 284 Amalfi Coast Reviews
Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Spent the saying walk in around the city, needed to take a short bus ride but very tourist friendly.

Barcelona

Where the ship docks was very industrial but city is great.

mcriley7213