Carnival Panorama Cruise Review

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review by Pablo Chester

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We were offered a last minute uograde which we paid for to go from the very back of floor 1 to floor 6. The logistics of such a move put some strain on the system. We received document, invites and other messages for the previous occupants until the third day. I turned platinum this cruise but got a gold card which was corrected when we went to guest services. Here's the rub, everything on the ship was small and crammed in. Atrium tiny and cramped. Casino all smoking so I feel sorry for those who don't smoke, I do so not problem for me.

If you didn't like what was on the menu for the MDR the buffet seemed to serve the same thing. IT seemed that they wanted to steer towards added charge specialty restaurants.

Casino bar had stainless steel fixtures that were broken for such a new ship . Several slot machines were non functioning.

Many of the crew seemed unhappy save a few. Wife's big highlight was coffee place where the barista remembered her name from day one and greeted her by name each trip.

Tapanyaki place fun and good food. $38 bucks a head more expensive than another line we cruise any of their specialty restos.

We never bothered with the sky zone or the aerial bikes. Smoking areas on deck 11 were confused. Sometimes o.k other times (not refueling) nope can't do.

Emma. Now Emma isn't for everyone but I thought she was a hoot. At sail away I never saw the Lido deck so alive. Anytime she was on the Lido she worked the crowd 110%.

This class of ship I would say not our style. Many will like it especially for the first or second time cruiser.

Maybe it was still working the bugs out of the operations but I would not cruise this ship again.

Pablo Chester's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

The cabin was typical Carnival o.k. but not wow! USB ports for charging things is a nice addition. Being so new the cabin was fresh and clean. No real complaints about the room.

Rhythms of the Night

I recommend if new to this. Food was o.k but the show and ride back was great ++

View All 21 Rhythms of the Night Reviews