Viking Orion Cruise Review

Wonderful and exciting cruise

Viking Orion Cruise Review by noreen95

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

My husband has always wanted to go to Alaska and when Viking made it available we decided to book. We knew Viking had a smaller size ship and I was a little hesitant because I get sea sick but he assured me that since it was an inside passage the odds of that happening was low to none. And I did find out that was correct. This was our first ocean cruise, we have been on 3 river cruises. We love traveling on Viking. The ship was so beautiful, the staff were polite and very attentive. After traveling from CA and going through a few custom stops we were taxed to say the least.

When we finally stepped foot on the ship it was like we were home. The staff greeted us like royalty. We found our room and began the unpacking process and then headed out to explore the ship. We wondered and found the pool bar, and hung out for a while. The bartender was great, fun personality and when we left he directed to the outside deck when we enjoyed some food and continued to relax. From that moment on it was nothing but enjoyable and relaxing. One thing I learned from a Viking cruise in Germany is, that jagermeister calms the stomach. When I would find one of the many bars, that is one thing I became well know for, having a shot. These bartenders were very personal and fun, even had tricks they would do.

Our room was nothing but gorgeous, our steward was the best always greeted us with a smile and made sure we were never without anything.

We took some included excursions and some extra excursions like zip lining, dog sledding, rock climbing, ATV. All the boat excursions were taken before we had a chance to book them. Our excursions were fun, exciting, informative, and in some cases challenging and exhilarating. Would not change a thing.

The dining experience was nothing short of excellent, the buffet, the main restaurant, the Italian restaurant, the Chefs table (wow). Everywhere we ate it never disappointed us and there was always somewhere to eat if missed a meal.

This was an experience of a lifetime and can't wait to go on another Viking Ocean cruise. We are so grateful to the wonderful staff of the Orion.

noreen95's Full Rating Summary

The best ever. Steward was always smiling and greeting us when we arrived or departed. The room always clean and taken care of.

Ketchikan

It was a blast even in the rain. Never did it before.

Juneau

It was beautiful and the Salmon Hatchery was interesting

ATV Expedition

so much fun

View All 12 ATV Expedition Reviews
Historical Tour

Very interesting and great views

View All 23 Historical Tour Reviews
Dog Sledding

The schedule destination was canceled for some reason so they took us on a 30-40 minute helicopter ride to punch-bowl glacier. It was incredible .

View All 7 Dog Sledding Reviews