3. Viking Star
We chose this cruise because it covered so many ports with Roman and Greek history. Other than missing our port in Naples due to high winds, this was an excellent tour. From the Naples to Athens you see so many archaeological sights and learn so much about this ancient history. I highly recommend the 4 day Athens extension - it is well worth the money. This was our first ocean cruise and I was impressed. The food (as always with Viking) was delicious. The port talks provide you with all the information you need about the excursions the next day. There is also an on board historian that gives lectures on topic to the areas you are going to. We were usually too exhausted to attend much of the night activities but we did go to the Tribute to Abba and a Legends musical performance. Both excellent. We learned to line dance and my daughter and I learned how to tie scarves (other than the way most of us tie them). Every tour guide we had provided us with so much information, especially the one we had in Athens for 3 days. Excellent job Viking!

Rome to Athens

Viking Star Cruise Review by DaroldG

Excellent job Viking!
DaroldG’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Cabin was perfect. The only complaint was our refrigerator went unstocked for a couple of days. After reminding the steward and finally contacting the Explorers Desk, we finally got it figured out.