• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

gimlet321
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin:

My name is Michael J (Mike) Murphy and I do the background research on Viking Cruises for my wife, Sheri and I, so we can make informed choices regarding our cruises. We decided on this particular cruise for several reason: The timing was right for us as I had been laid up for the past 2 years due to several surgeries; The route interested us very much, going from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Santiago, Chile; several family members (younger the us) had very serious health problems and so we decided to travel while we still could as I am 73 and Sheri is 72; and lastly, we have now been on 3 cruises, 1 River and 2 Ocean, all with Viking and enjoyed them so much we didn't see any reason to look at any other company. A wonderful young man at Viking booking in California, has helped us arrange all 3 tours and has been marvelous to work with. His help and suggestions really made our voyages enjoyable. I have some difficulty walking distances so he arranged our cabins so that they were very convenient for me to get around. The Viking Sun was fantastic, clean, quiet, convenient, with the staff from the Captain down went out of their way to make the trip enjoyable for all aboard. The Captain did make 2 adjustments to our itinerary due to inclement (dangerous) weather and we appreciated his actions. Our cabin was great, with everything we needed. We took most meals at the World Café as we preferred the casual atmosphere and the food and service there is great. The entertainment & activities were to our taste and we really enjoyed the shore excursions. We are trying to plan several more Viking Cruises.

Wonderful cabin, excellent steward.

Find a Viking Sun Cruise from $5,979