Viking Orion Cruise Review

My first Viking cruise and many more to look forward to

Viking Orion Cruise Review by bteng

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

Alaska was wonderful, but it was the Viking Orion that gave us a fabulous vacation. This is only my second cruise. I never wanted to cruise after my only other cruise experience on a Royal Caribbean ship 20 years ago. My husband and I enjoyed Viking Orion so much that we booked 4 more Viking cruises after this one.

We enjoyed the dining, the public space, the entertainment, the lectures, and the spa on the ship. The ship is beautiful. Simplicity is the ultimate beauty in my opinion. It’s also wonderful not to have people chasing after us on the ship to buy photos, drinks, or anything.

We like the fact that there’s no casino, no children, no photographers, no auctions on the ship. It is clean and never crowded everywhere on the ship. The service we received from our cabin stewards and the staff in all dining venues were excellent. It was hard to have to say good-bye to the ship at end of our cruise.

bteng's Full Rating Summary

Spacious cabin with lots of storage. Very comfortable king-size bed. Bathroom is also spacious with great shower. They keep our room so clean every day. Felt very pampered.

Vancouver

We took the Viking pre-cruise Vancouver extension. We are familiar with Vancouver so we did not take the Viking excursions in Vancouver which was mainly a bus tour.

Sitka

We took the included excursion, then we walked everywhere on our own to explore the Sitka.

Juneau

The included excursion to Mendenhall glacier was very disappointing, so we explored Juneau on our own afterwards.

bteng