3. Viking Delling
Avignon has been on my bucket list since high school. Everything about this lived up to our expectations and in fact surpassed them. When I called to make the reservations, Damian Tulloch spent and hour and a half on the phone with me to make sure that everything I was looking for was taken care of. The staff on the cruise was top notch, especially the Program Manager, Oliver. He was truly amazing. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to be with every single group during every tour, to make sure that everyone had everything they needed. We signed up for two of the special tours, Flavors of Provence, and a Taste of Lyon. Both were excellent. All of the tour guides were well versed on their areas. We were really pleased with all of the shore excursions, especially the steam train in Tournon, such a beautiful area. Our cabin was a perfect size for our needs and was kept spotless by the cleaning staff. On the 18th, we returned to our room to find a "cake" made of towels and a note from the staff wishing my husband Happy Birthday. Such incredible thoughtfulness. Viking truly is the best. They made it a very special trip for us.

Avignon to Lyon

Viking Delling Cruise Review by mkhoffme2

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Viking truly is the best. They made it a very special trip for us.
mkhoffme2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Delling price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D
Well stocked and loved being able to open the door for fresh air. It was kept very clean. The service was excellent.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins

• Arles
    Really fun tour as the town was getting ready for a special weekend of "bullfights" and carnival for the Easter break. It was interesting looking at all the areas devoted to Van Gogh.
    View All 89 Arles Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Arles Cruise Port Review
  • Avignon
    Beautiful walled city. We went on the Flavors of Provence tour. It was wonderful. We toured the Halles Market, Le Gourmande Candy and sweets store, Magazine, Le luberon for olive oil tasting and finally Maison de Fougasse, a private home with rooms to rent where we learned how to make our own focaccia bread and a sweet eclair. The chef then prepared a wonderful meal for us. There were only 6 who signed up for this tour, so it was a wonderful, intimate day.
    View All 107 Avignon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Avignon Cruise Port Review
  • Lyon
    We went to Place de Republique. Due to the Bank Holiday many stores were closed but we did a wine and cheese tasting at Cafe Bistro Martine, very friendly and informative owners, L'Epicure sausage shop, delicious. The chocolate shop was closed but Oliver, Program Manager found us and brought chocolates he managed to find from another store that was open. He was incredible. We got to see a lot of Lyon.
    View All 13,924 Lyon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Lyon Cruise Port Review
  • Tournon-sur-Rhone
    Fascinating steam train trip through the Ardeche Conservancy area. The train cars were built in 1906 and the guide's story of how the farmers protected Jewish refugees during WW II was incredibly enlightening. Famers would stand on the hills yelling "Boots" to each other so that the farmers and refugees that the Nazis were on the train giving them time to hide in the thick brush around the farms.
    View All 24 Tournon-sur-Rhone Cruise Port Reviews