• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Patsyvp
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin:

I’ve been on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas this week and was highly disappointed to find that one of the complimentary restaurants included in my cruise fare had been bought out by a group for the entire week and closed to the public. I cruised on the sister ship last year and loved the Solarium Bistro and Samba Grill and really looked forward to eating there on this cruise. It is so close to the adults only Solarium and suite deck for breakfast and lunch and I was very inconvenienced by this being unavailable and lines for the buffet being very long. I was never notified of that it would be closed and when asking crew members when it would be open, I could not receive a straight answer even when raising my question and concerns to the manager of all of the restaurants. I cruise several times a year and pay A LOT of money for a suite to receive the amenities that come with it. Royal Caribbean has cheapened my experience by introducing “The Key” program where people can pay $25/day to receive amenities not available to the suite guests such as private and exclusive access and time at onboard activities. I was ready to book my next cruise during this trip for a suite to Europe later this year, but it is no longer worth my money to pay that much and remain loyal to a cruise line that doesn’t value me as a customer.

3 Helpful Votes