3. Celebrity Summit
I chose this cruise as a replacement for the MSC Seaside due to negative reviews. It was my 30th anniversary so we wanted to visit the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. We stayed 3 days prior in Culebra then flew to Ceiba the morning of our cruise and drove to San Juan. This was our first time as Elite status which we achieved via RCCL Diamond Status. So we were very excited about the unlimited drinks from 5-7 and the free laundry. However, the added bonus was the delicious cafe mocha in the Tuscan Grille every morning. Due to the port intensive cruise with only 2 sea days, we chose an inside cabin on deck 11 (1126) which was very smart. Not only were we right above the windjammer, we were near an elevator that no one ever used. It was very easy to get off and on the ship during port days. The cabin was a normal sized inside cabin. What I really liked about the cabin was 1. the door on the shower (no shower curtain!!!), 2. the amount of USB ports to charge our phones, the amount of outlets to charge other things and the fact that they were right next to our bed!! 3. The amount of storage space for our clothes (2 closets to hang items), 4. Shampoo, conditioner and body soap in the shower!!! 5. A light in the bathroom so that you can see when you get up in the middle of the night. And 6. Very comfortable pillows and bedding. We ate at the windjammer the entire time other than 1 night in Sushi on Five (good), 1 night (our anniversary) in the Tuscan Grille (extremely slow), one lunch in Qsine (very good) and 1 dinner in Le Petit Chef (good and clever!). In the windjammer, the bread was excellent, the wok station was great, pizza was good. They had a nice selection of vegan, gluten free, desserts, cheeses, ...etc... And the ice cream was delicious. The seating was comfortable and spaced well. Tables were always cleaned. Unfortunately I did not see my friend the Coffee Man on this cruise. I have been on the Summit 5x and I really missed him this time. The gym was nice and never crowded. Treadmills and ellipticals were always working. There is a separate room for the classes now which is really nice. The pool area is always busy with activity. We didn't go there much. We spent our time on the 4th floor promenade outside if it was a port day. We tried the thalostherapy but its just too hot in there. The bars were very quick with giving us our drinks. The waiters in the Sunset grille got to learn that we liked our coke zero with dinner! And we always tried the elite drink menu drinks which were tasty. We did do one ship excursion to Bequia from St. Vincent which was not good at all. Beautiful place but not as advertised and too many people on the catamarran. Embarkation was about 15 minutes from parking lot to our room. We were allowed to go in and drop off our stuff. It was around 1pm so we were a little surprised since the rooms weren't ready until 2pm but hey, np! I am still on the Summit now but I wanted to type this review while everything is fresh. I am really pleased with the staff and the ship. I highly recommend this ship!

First time on the summit since the redo - very impressed!!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by jean87510