3. Norwegian Dawn
With this being my first cruise and nothing to compare it to, my review will be completely unbiased. We had a hull balcony room on deck 8, front of ship. You can feel alot here, book mid ship if you can. Our room was a good size, I felt, and the beds and pillows were comfortable. The food was average to less than average. We did not eat at any specialty restaurants. The Vanietian at the back of the ship is one of the main dining rooms, and while beautiful with pretty good, prompt service, the food was lacking. I ordered the baked Ziti, and it tasted like a low quality microwaved frozen dinner. I think I have actually had frozen that tasted better. Husband got the steak and the cook was just as ordered. The desert was just ok. nothing spectacular. OhSheeans was one of our most frequented places to eat as it was on the same deck. The wings are great, I had the chipolte chicken sandwich, and it was my favorite thing eaten on board. Pub style food served here. Breakfast was really good, I ordered the omelets. The Aqua- another main dining room . We ate here twice. The food seemed better than the Vanietian, but the service was worse, and the cook of steak was more on the rare end, to nearly raw. I did love the cream cheese wontons. and the lava cake desert. The other food ordered was just ok to good. The buffet-- Most of the buffet items seemed soupy, or casserole, one meat choice per day, burgers and hot dogs not included. Pizza did not look good. Breakfast here is bland bland bland. the most flavor came from the fruit. The mac and cheese had no taste. I was not impressed. The ship itself was pretty small. It did get confusing at times trying to figure out how to get places. I have heard it is refurbished, but it is worn. shipped wood, dented elevator doors, could use new paint in some place. But it was quite clean The staff was all friendly, but they only know their departments. Don't ask for help about another event or area as they do not know the answer. Head to customer service for those. Elements show was good, I really enjoyed it. Make sure not to sit in the front rows. The activities around the ship, like ring toss, etc, were a lot of fun and the staff were really good at getting you laughing and engaged in participating. I am rating our cruise as average, as nothing stood out spectacular to me, and after reading reviews I was terrified of the experience, but luckily we didn't have any of the sort happen on our cruise.

First Cruise Experience

Cat199’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD
Cabin was a good size for my husband and I. It was clean and the balcony was wonderful. You can feel alot more of the ship movement here, as well as hear the stardust theater.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Jeep Tour
    the excursion was amazing! included free lunch, the jeep, snorkeling, tequila tour , a free margarita, and cost half the price of the cruise excursion!
    View All 138 Jeep Tour Reviews