3. Celebrity Edge
We sailed on the Celebrity Edge last week! First time on the Edge, but we’ve sailed on Celebrity Summit and Equinox. We love Celebrity! DH and I are in our mid 50’s and love the Caribbean itineraries. We picked this one because it had a stop in Tortola which we have never been to and the Virgin Gorda Baths have been on my husband’s list of things to see for a long time. We booked it during the Veteran’s Day sale so we had all 4 perks plus an extra $200 OBC from the sale and another $150 OBC because we moved a cruise we had booked on board to this cruise so had that extra bit. So $650 OBC total! We have never had a premium drink package or the internet package. Overall, we were happy we cruised on the Edge. We prefer the traditional balcony staterooms, but didn’t mind the IV. I will say, I feel like the IV balcony tends to offer a “sanitized” version of the world. By that I mean you aren’t necessarily enjoying being out there in the breeze, ocean smells, etc. unless you purposely roll down that window. You have to hold down the button while it rolls down, so if you are just standing at the window before you head out for the evening, you aren’t going to roll it down. Whereas in the traditional balcony you might step out for a moment before heading out. We book our cruises based mostly on itinerary and price, so if the Edge or Apex fit that criteria we would sail on her again.

We were on the EDGE of Glory (can’t get that song out of my head)

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by NBliving

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
NBliving’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E3
Our cabin was in a good location, near forward elevators. Bed is near bathroom, so sitting area plus verandah is a good amount of space. No visual obstruction unless you looked down while standing at the verandah window, then you would see a lifeboat below.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Everglades Tour
    The tour was very well done. Tour guide Bonnie was great! We had 2 stops. First was at the Sawgrass Recreational Park where we saw rescued alligators, snakes, panthers and other animals. Then we got to go on an airboat ride through the Everglades. This isn't the Everglades National Park, but gives you an idea of the vastness and beauty of that area. The driver was trying to find us an alligator and succeeded. The driver did a nice job explaining the ecological system and problems they are having with invasive species. Then we went to a second park which I can't remember the name. It was more of a nature trail with a small museum of the area. Very interesting as well.
    View All 131 Everglades Tour Reviews
  • San Juan
    We docked at 6:30 pm and had made 8:00 dinner reservations at Carli's Fine Bistro. Very good food and service.
    View All 3,877 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    St, Maarten is continuing to recover from the hurricane a few years ago. Marigot on the French side is still pretty devastated. A few restaurants are up and running. We rented a car for the day and also drove to Rainbow Cafe at Grand Case beach. Highly recommend. Great food, service and beautiful beach.
    View All 4,804 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • Virgin Gorda
    We chose the land trip over to Virgin Gorda to see the Baths. We took a ferry over (about 30 minute ride) then a shuttle to the top of the Baths area. We hiked down to Devil's Beach first had about 40 minutes to swim/snorkel. Very beautiful. Then we hiked over to the Baths through some fairly tough terrain. Through small areas, up slippery rocks while holding on to a rope rail. I would not recommend this for someone who is not sure on their feet. The Baths were gorgeous. Crystal clear water.
    View All 226 Virgin Gorda Reviews