3. Caribbean Princess
We loved this itinerary and we were excited to sail on Princess because it has a nice reputation. We loved the Medallion class and the technology and convenience that the ocean medallion offers passengers. The idea is that it will personalize the service for passengers in the future. However, I think that Princess still has a very long ways to go before they do that. In fact, I feel that the personalization of the service has diminished since we last sailed on Princess 10 years ago. We liked the excursions offered by Princess and we loved how streamlined the excursions were with the cruise. The biggest disappointment for me was the food - as well as the state of the staterooms (old carpet, old furnishings). The food in the main dining room was very poor. The grill and pizza was even worse, with non-fresh vegetables, non fresh bread, etc. One night, I orderdered the featured mussels with toast. The mussels tasted very fish, the broth had hardly any flavor, and the toast was literally amazingly stale. Like it had to have been just out for days. I liked the food better on NCL and Carnival - and that's disappointing considering the premium price. I was also not impressed with the entertainment. It's hard to get great entertainment each night on a 10-day cruise - I get it. But the 'singer comedy act' that they had was just so amateur.

Loved the itinerary & the Medallion Technology. But subpar food & entertainment

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by calicruzer79

calicruzer79’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IF
THe carpet was old and stained. The trim was outdated and the rooms just felt old.
I like their size and layout. THe TVs are updated and LOVED the entertainment selection on the TVs.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins