Caribbean Princess Cruise Review

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by calicruzer79

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We loved this itinerary and we were excited to sail on Princess because it has a nice reputation.

We loved the Medallion class and the technology and convenience that the ocean medallion offers passengers. The idea is that it will personalize the service for passengers in the future. However, I think that Princess still has a very long ways to go before they do that.

In fact, I feel that the personalization of the service has diminished since we last sailed on Princess 10 years ago.

We liked the excursions offered by Princess and we loved how streamlined the excursions were with the cruise.

The biggest disappointment for me was the food - as well as the state of the staterooms (old carpet, old furnishings).

The food in the main dining room was very poor. The grill and pizza was even worse, with non-fresh vegetables, non fresh bread, etc. One night, I orderdered the featured mussels with toast. The mussels tasted very fish, the broth had hardly any flavor, and the toast was literally amazingly stale. Like it had to have been just out for days.

I liked the food better on NCL and Carnival - and that's disappointing considering the premium price.

I was also not impressed with the entertainment. It's hard to get great entertainment each night on a 10-day cruise - I get it. But the 'singer comedy act' that they had was just so amateur.

calicruzer79's Full Rating Summary

Interior

THe carpet was old and stained. The trim was outdated and the rooms just felt old.

I like their size and layout. THe TVs are updated and LOVED the entertainment selection on the TVs.

Stingray Swim

We booked separately from Princess but had a great experience.

View All 795 Stingray Swim Reviews
City Tour

Really well organized. Very informative. We loved it.

View All 367 City Tour Reviews
Portobelo & Gatun Locks

Well organized. Fascinating tour. Loved it.

View All 7 Portobelo & Gatun Locks Reviews
Falmouth

We just found transportation to take us to the beach as we couldn't find a very affordable tour for this through Princess.

calicruzer79