3. Sky Princess
We have been on close to 30 cruises, most on Princess. I was so excited about this cruise; I chose it for the ship, not the itinerary. It was so underwhelming and many shared our feelings. It's similar to the Regal & Royal but they are better. I must say Captain Tuvo was among the best. He was always being seen and had a great sense of humor. Our cruise director was also alot of fun as was the comedian. We had one production show and it was excellent but it seems we were cheated on the entertainment. The thing that totally amazed most people was no library. if you want a book, you go to guest services and get to pick from books left by passengers. The claim is people steal the books and Princess decided enough, I guess. As for dining, we have always had traditional seating but got stuck with my time dining. I'm not a fan because sitting with the same people and having the same waiters makes for a pleasant dining experience. Unlike Royal Carribbean, you cannot book the same table and time for every nite. You have to reserve each day and that means waiting on the phone and speaking to someone with poor english or arriving at 5:00. As for the food, the beef was excellent and the rest a matter of taste. Let me say the elevators are the worse! they will pass your floor several times, once when we were in it. And if that isn't annoying enough, when one finally stops, the rude people inside make no effort to make room; in fact, more than once I saw someone push the button to close the doors. Trust me, I can see when there is room. My husband and I both used a cane noone cared. I think with so many elevators, Princess should dedicate one to wheelchairs and walkers. I can't imagine how long they waited to get on. That brings me to, anyone who is familiar with Princess knows they mostly have an older crowd. I'd guess 60 - 80 years average. Children are rare. Princess could do more to accommodate the handicapped. For example, You won't find anything on their website telling you how to reserve a wheelchair for embarkation. I waited 45 min on the phone to reserve 2 chairs and the girl gave me the wrong info. Finally, our cabin. It looks exactly like the pictures. we had an obstructed balcony which wasn't all that obstructed. I love the closets on Princess as they are open and large. Plenty of room for clothes and luggage. The shower was larger than most with a ledge! The tv is on the wall and large. We had a phenomenal steward in Santhosh. First thing I always request is removal of the duvet and a blanket and sheet instead. And ice. He was most pleasant in accommodating any requests. One thing most people noticed was this ship is a bit noisy as in squeaks, etc. I should add, everyone working this ship is friendly and always smiling. Overall, this cruise wasn't cheap and if I had to recommend it, I'd say take the Royal or Regal instead.

Totally underwhelming

Sky Princess Cruise Review by mtab

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)

I should add, everyone working this ship is friendly and always smiling.

mtab’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sky Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin DW