• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Sirena Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

FABULOUS Winter Cruise - some more attention to detail would be great!

Review for Sirena to the Panama Canal & Central America
ksolliday
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

I chose this cruise as the dates coincided with my Winter break from school (I am a teacher). I live in the Midwest, so the warm weather itinerary was appealing, and the Panama Canal was on my bucket list. I was cruising Solo, (my boys spent the time with their respective in-laws), and I was more than a bit nervous.

Embarkation was quick and easy, with lots of helpful, smiling Oceania representatives. I was impressed. My room wasn't quite ready yet, so I went up to have lunch. A good selection of food was available.

I had a Veranda stateroom on level 6 - it was wonderful, with an extremely comfortable bed. YES, the bathroom was quite small, but adequate. My room stewards were very attentive, and really made sure my stay was everything I wanted it to be. I LOVED having a veranda cabin for this trip. I used it every day, and spent part of the time going through the Panama Canal sitting out there, sipping champagne. Lovely!

Veranda Stateroom

It was lovely - and although yes, the bathroom is small, it was more than adequate for my needs (if you need a bigger shower, there are some available in the spa area).

Comfortable beds, lots of storage space (don't laugh - yes, I overpacked!!), and great room stewards

Find a Sirena Cruise from $1,159