3. Oasis of the Seas
I chose this cruise as a gift to my wife and kids. We had never been on any of the larger cruise ships before and I wanted to see what it was like for future experiences. The Pros: The Aqua 80's show was very good and entertaining. The BBQ restaurant (extra charge) was very good. We ended up eating there most nights. The private surf lessons were well worth it for my wife and kids. They had a blast. The ventriloquist was also very good entertainment. For the most part, the pools were ample and you had room in them. The Central Park area on the 8th floor was pretty nice. Great restaurants, nice little bar area. Relaxing area to hang out at night. Labadee was fun with a lot of activity The Fury Catamaran was excellent. The staff was very professional and the equipment and boat were spotless. The Cons: No staff in sight when we boarded the ship. It is pretty overwhelming and no direction. We found someone and they were able to answer some basic questions. For the ship just recently coming out of dry dock, it still looked worn out. I had black mold in my shower that never got cleaned (I asked housekeeping several times if they could clean it, they never did). The room was tiny. We had a family of four in the room (balcony room 8698). Once the kids bed was pulled out for the night you were pretty much trapped and could not get out on the balcony. Very little storage and what storage was there was very small, odd shaped spaces. The food in the dining room was horrible. We ate at the main dining room one time and my wife and kids did not want to go back. Service overall was fair to average. Not sure if the staff was at the end of their contract, but they didn't seem to care much. Most of the shows were not very good. The history of music had great musicians, but a not so good singer. It was disappointing. The ice show was average, pretty much like the rest of the shows. The ports were disorganized with where to go. We got on a bus (we were directed to get on it) and we were mixed with another group. Pretty sure one of the groups went to the wrong beach, but, nothing either of the groups could do about it. Bar service was slow and they were often out of different beers. Johnny Rockets was not worth the extra expense. My wife had a nail appointment (paid $140) and they were out of technicians. So they had a girl do them. The polish came off in the first few hours. She went back to get it fixed and they wanted to charge her. She turned around and left. Overall, the cruise was okay. Maybe I had higher expectations as this was a surprise to my family, but overall not sure I would ever sail on RCCL again.

Disappointed with the experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by DunkinDonuts

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

The Pros:

The Aqua 80's show was very good and entertaining.

The ventriloquist was also very good entertainment.

For the most part, the pools were ample and you had room in them.

Labadee was fun with a lot of activity

The Cons:

Bar service was slow and they were often out of different beers.

Johnny Rockets was not worth the extra expense.

DunkinDonuts’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D
Very little storage
Once the bed is pulled out for the kids you have very little room to move.
Can't get to the terrace without crawling over the bed
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins