3. Norwegian Bliss
My husband and I booked this cruise as an adult get-away. We had a wonderful time on the ship and at the ports. Embarkation was supposed to be delayed, due to an illness outbreak, but people were allowed on the ship earlier than announced. Our departure from the port was delayed, but we grabbed a couple drinks and explored the ship and enjoyed the view of New York City. The ship itself was large and beautiful. It was still decorated for Christmas and felt very festive. Our cabin was nice and had more than enough storage. The bathroom seemed roomier than our previous cruise on Carnival. We ended up with a larger than normal balcony. It was large enough for a lounge chair, which would have been wonderful, but we only had the two regular chairs. The food was wonderful no matter where we ate. The night we went to Los Lobos, the service was slow (we were seated at 5:45) and we had to run out without dessert to catch our 7:30 show. Otherwise, our servers were very attentive and we had excellent meals at each and every venue. The service from everyone on the ship was always good and courteous. We found the bar in the observation lounge to be very slow, however, most other places kept up with the crowds better. With this being a New Year's Cruise, they were very busy! The entertainment was probably one of the weakest areas for this cruise. We loved some parts, but found others very lacking. The musicals were absolutely amazing and the evening bands were great! A lot of the other activities centered around paying for extras, like bingo, or trivia. This was not interesting to us. Other game show type activities took place in the atrium, which was overcrowded and uncomfortable. Some of those activities would have been great in the theatre with all the extra seating. We paid to see the Prohibition show, which was a bit of a rip off. Having the drink package, we could have gotten the drinks at the bars for free, so we paid $38 to watch a 40 minute just ok show. I really think there should be a price reduction for those who already have the drink package. Our times at the ports were nice. We especially liked our trip to Adastra Gardens. I was amazed the number of animals you could interact with all for the basic admission price. That is not something you would find in the US. We loved walking around Nassau and shopping. The private island was very crowded that day, so we left early and enjoyed the hottub on the ship. In Florida, we didn't do much, but that was our choice. Overall the cruise and ship were wonderful and we had an awesome time. My complaints from the experience are few, but I will share. 1. We were glad our children (10 and 12) weren't with us because we don't think there would have been enough to keep them busy without spending a lot of extra money. 2. There was a complete lack of sharing information about debarkation. We received no written or announced directions on what to do before the morning of debarkation and then found out we hadn't grabbed luggage tags like we should have. Because we were taking our own luggage off the ship, it was a nonissue, however a little more communication would have been nice. 3. My biggest complaint would be the amount of complaining we heard from other passengers. Each time we sat in the hottub, everyone else shared how horrible the cruise was and how they were so unhappy and mistreated. We heard how bad the food was, how horrible the service was, how the cruiseline wasn't doing enough to keep them happy, how they complained and nothing happened so they had to keep complaining. As we sat at restaurants, neighboring tables would complain about service or rooms or excursions. The constant complaints from others was a bit exhausting, especailly when we were having a great time. On the last day of our cruise we watched a hostess attempt to seat a lady, who quickly walked away from the area she was being led to and said "I sit by a window." She then proceeded to choose her own dirty table at which to sit so she could be beside the window. At this point of the cruise, my husband and I realized that this cruise line really doesn't seem to attract people with our interpersonal values. While we loved the cruise, we don't plan to cruise Norwegian again any time soon.

New Year on the Bliss

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by 1cruise2019

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Overall the cruise and ship were wonderful and we had an awesome time.

1cruise2019’s Full Rating Summary